Palm Sunday


Well, it actually is, but it's only about 1:30 in the morning, so I'm going to make this a quick post because this camper has to be up with her wits about herself by 7 a.m. 
Last night I stayed up very very late.  I had bought a couple of nice storage thingies in which I intended to put my yarn.  Because Panhandle Jane had inspired me to finally organize my yarn by fiber content, I figured the way out of my (then) lethargy was to go into the next room, haul in all the yarn and knitting projects I have, and to bring them into the den and get 'em organized.  With United States of Tara (Showtime) in the background (appropriate - a protaganist with dissociative identity disorder as background thinking for getting my yarn stash in order - let me not go there...), I set to work.  It took me about 2 1/2 hours to get it done, but done it is.   All the wool is in two boxes, the cotton in another, the hemp and linen together in another, the spinning supplies (all two of them) in a project bag and all my projects in bags or boxes on two shelves.  By that I mean two shelving units of three shelves.  That's a shitload of yarn, people.  Now I know there are people who want their stash to exceed their life expectancy.  And I have some yarn from some of those people whose stash did just that.  But I'm not so sure I want my stash to outlive me.  I bought or received this yarn with the expectation of enjoying the process of knitting with it, preferably with an end to producing something lovely. Dying (not dyeing!) before it's used is not my idea of a fun time with fiber.   I think I've finally realized that my feelings about my yarn is about the same as my feelings about my fat cells.  I like having enough around to make me look a little interesting, but not so much that I can't enjoy it. (tee hee)
So.... I'm on two diets - a yarn diet and a carb diet.
No I don't think I'm a bad person for having a stash, but I do think I should not be piggish about it.  Same thing with chocolate:) Good thing I don't have a stash of THAT!
Anyway, I've got a bunch of projects already on the needles - lovely projects, projects that I could finish if I set my mind to it.  So that's what I'm going to do. I have about 23 projects to finish (oh yeah, I frogged the Going home blankie - have to rethink in more than just blue).  Can you imagine what a sexy Sadie I'd be if I lost five pounds per project?  Oh baby oh baby! Or maybe I should do a scoring system, five pounds per sweater, one pound per pair of socks or mittens and 10 pounds for a baby blanket or afghan? 
Now I know it's getting late - Good night dear readers, back soon.  Until then, GBWYTWMA+

Comments

Unknown said…
Congratulations on your sorting job. I had planned to do my fiber this weekend, but I have a bad cold (excuse) and some knitting with a deadline, so I'm alternating between that, keeping liquids going, and dozing off in the recliner. Since the weather here is fairly icky, I don't have much motivation to go anywhere either.
joannamauselina said…
My friend Ana and I made yarn balls and organized yesterday too, and it is very gratifying. I love creating order where there was chaos. Usually, it slips back to chaos pretty quickly, but it is nice while it lasts.

Popular Posts