I'm not willing to let this go...

 




 

Knitting is still going on, but I've lost of bit of the mojo.  It's OK I always get it back and I highly doubt it won't this time as well. I am taking a brief minute to write just a little - probably because I have COVID and zero inclination to get started at this late hour on a work project.

Spinning - that craft that eluded me for ev er - has finally bitten me in the butt. I have managed to spin up - and ply - a few skeins of yarn. The Louet wheel that lovely fellow (Henri) in the Netherlands refurbished, is doing wonders.  Am I a good spinner yet? Nope.  And that's OK. I'm having fun, spinning before work in the mornings or on Saturdays. I suspect when we move next month and start living on one floor, it will happen more frequently.

Yes, it's finally happening, J and I are downsizing to an apartment just a few miles from here.  Right now I'm in overwhelm mode - just thinking about 19 years of stuff we have both accumulated since moving to this house. We rented, so there's no worries about much more than getting back our deposit - and we've been good about keeping the place up, so I cannot imagine that will be a problem. It's the scaling back that is stressing me out. I never realized what a packrat I've become. I am going to have to be a bit brutal with myself and get rid of a LOT of stuff.

The plan is to move in about a month, leaving two more weeks for our adult offspring to see if there's anything they'd like to have.  If not - it's all getting donated or dumped. Then the house will be cleaned and that will be that. 

J and I are lucky to have the "kids" nearby and a beautiful part of Merlin to live in. I am still working. He is retired. Work for me is still very much done from home - as it had been even before the Pandemic. (It feels like, given the number of deaths the world endured in 2019-2021, it ought to be capitalized.) Work continues to be a source of fulfillment for which I am also very grateful.

It is funny how life changes.  Mobility has been a bit of an issue for me lately. So much so, that I made the decision to hold off on my return to my beloved St. J's - both bells and choir but I keep them all in my prayers. Maybe now is a time for more solitude. Maybe not (I hope not, LOL!) If so, that's ok, I'll figure it out. 

I will be going to a knitting retreat in mid-February and I'm really looking forward to that. Our move is happening too close to a family wedding in Mississippi, so sadly, we won't be able to attend. 

There's not much more to report.  Politics in the U.S. continues to be a source of concern - if not outright fear.  I cannot believe that so many of my fellow citizens truly believe the mad ravings of a strong man they believe to hold the keys to their freedom and success when all reality points to the opposite.  Have they never read a history book?  I hope and pray that the next generation has the brains to do the right thing.  As I said to my son earlier today, we may be f**ked, but I'm going to go down fighting (by voting of course!).

Knitting has been happening. I did finally finish that shawl by Pauliina and am now working on finishing a pulli for my first-born. Will post pics in a later post.

Until then, God be with you 'til we meet again+



Comments

Elyse said…
Always glad to hear from you! And lovely colors on the spinning wheel.

Popular Posts