Happy Mother's Day:)

Spring hath definitely sprung here in Merlin, USA.  The snapshot above is of a tree-lined street near Baltimore County DSS where I attended a meeting this past week.  I took the picture while pulled over briefly - couldn't resist. It has been an unusual week for me in that I had no regularly scheduled cases on any of the three docket days.  I had one shelter hearing but that was all. I did schedule a LOT of visits, made and received a lot of phone calls and emails as is usual, but it was very strange being away from the day-to-day interactions - both good and not-so-good - that life at the courthouse affords.
Yesterday (Saturday) I spent a full day visiting clients and speaking with another one on the phone.  At the placement for two clients, I sat outside under the shade of a tree while talking with the clients and their caregivers, gaining information on a new case.  When I got home some three hours later, I had a sunburn! I swear, it's those "unplanned" times in the sun that will give me skin cancer (Heaven forfend!) because who puts on sunscreen when you work mostly indoors or in the car?
The week started out with an attempted visit to a client in Montgomery County.  Unfortunately, the group home I was visiting was in the midst of getting the country lane to their parking lot paved and trucks blocked my way.  I rescheduled.  Frustrating, but the drive in the beautiful woods off the beaten track was a treat.  I revisited a place I had seen about a year earlier - the Oakley Cabin -and it remains a peaceful and beautiful spot.                                                              
Next week begins tomorrow and there will be a lot on the proverbial plate; all the more reason for enjoying this quiet Sunday.  My daughter, S. will once again be making dinner for the Sunday crowd -for which I am extremely grateful (yay for being done with her second year of law school!). As soon as I am done with this blog post, I am headed to a nearby yarn shop to start a new project because I want to support the yarn shop we have and because I want to enjoy a brief calm before getting back into the storm of life. Sadly not because I want to be a good little lawyer and get a jump on the week's work.       

Top of the workbasket                      

Not a heck of a lot to report on the knitting front.  I have a tendency to stick with a project for a while, getting to a certain stage before working on another one. Somehow, things get done and I am never bored.  A number of projects that were in my Ravelry projects have been slated for frogging - a good thing because those yarns will be used for another project.       
Of course, that doesn't mean I don't STILL have (mumblety-mumblety) projects still awaiting finishing! Recently, I've been focusing on getting to the halfway point of Nina No.2 :
It's been an enjoyable knit, though that garter stitch edge is driving me batty.  I may just turn it up and tack it onto the back, creating a hem - oh wait - is that what the pattern says to do? I'll check back with you on that, LOL!:).
Not much progress on the three other projects in the workbasket: the Shawl Based on a Weldon's Veil by Carolyn Wyborny from the June/July 2018 edition of Piecework Magazine; the green pair of socks; and the Truckbeth Carbeth continue to await more progress. No point in posting pictures yet.                 
As Porky Pig used to say at the end of the cartoons, "That's all, Folks!"
God be with you 'til we meet again+

Postscript: Forgot to mention that a former client of mine texted me earlier this morning to wish me a happy mother's day.  She is doing well - working full time (just quit a second job) and owns her own home! Squeeeeeeee!!! She stays in touch with her CASA (court-appointed special advocate) and is doing well. Best gift ever.

Comments

Popular Posts