Refashioning....?


I remind myself that even artistic legends like Michelangelo struggled. When he did the Sistine ceiling in fresco, a medium he wasn't familiar with, the first few sessions were stressful and trying for the artist. But he persevered and created one of the wonders of the art world. I recently read that Michelangelo had his frustrations in learning to employ the fresco medium when he created his masterpiece in the Sistine Chapel.  Creativity has its times of frustration. I cannot tell you how many times I've tried creating what I thought would be a gorgeous, complex, interplay of lace and simple patterns only to find out that the only accurate descriptor was "complex." What followed that was a session of frogging -or worse, allowing beautiful yarn to languish in a project bag, never realizing its full potential (a crime against nature, in my humble opinion). (Oh dear, what hubris, my knitting in the same paragraph as the Sistine Chapel!)
Anyhoo...
2016-02-20 12.24.50
Let's ignore for the time being the possibility that this pullover will be a weeeeee bit large.  That's OK, I like baggy sweaters. But that lighter strip of blue.  Not so much, especially since it's in the mid-chubs region of my torso. I think I should at least tink/frog back and continue on with the darker blue, saving the lighter blue for another part of the sweater (yoke background, maybe?) or even a sleeve or two - or - maybe better - a vertical stipe on a sleeve???
More to come....
God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

Popular Posts