Productive? Or no?

I got up in time to sing with the choir this morning, got showered, dressed, and, armed with my bag of music and purse, purposefully headed out the door to my car and then.... decided to stay home. You may wonder why. I hadn't been to rehearsal Thursday evening and felt so unprepared. And there was bacon cooking in the kitchen (didn't say I was proud of my decision..) and I thought, I could get so much done at home without mucking up my part in church. I played around with my planner, thinking if I worked now, I'd really have a day off tomorrow. Selfish? Yes, most likely. 
I learned that the littlest grandangels would not be gracing us with their presence;(.  Their Daddy had custody earlier than usual this weekend.  And that's ok.
So what's an old grandma knitter/lawyer to do?  Well, I thought of heading back to Cloverhill Yarn to knit with my friends, but then I saw the snow heading our way and figured. Uh. Nope. I do not like driving in the snow when the road gets slick and icy under the little snowy bits. So I stayed home.

I worked on hubby's scarf and made a wee bit of progress.  I'd say I was 52 percent done, since I've made my way into the second of two skeins for the project. It's Jared Flood's Dryad - and I've been working on it on and off since the summer of 2012. I knitted another wide scarf for John by Jared Flood - that within a year was appropriated by our daughter, S.

I've also been working on a couple of sock projects.  For some reason, I don't really post my sock projects on ravelry.  Perhaps I should.


More to come later.
One thing for which I am grateful: the Ashby shawl came in very handy today. It is large enough to keep this chubby grandma warm in the midst of a sudden decrease in temperature this afternoon.:)

Not much more to add, dear readers. Back soon. Until then, God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

Popular Posts