And the Knit Goes On...

GOOD EVENING:)!

Hope all is well with you.  Today was a fairly quiet day for a person who practices what is euphemistically referred to as "family law.'  No frantic phone calls from my clients, no urgent filings at the courthouse and the one hearing I had today,  my colleague graciously covered for me.  So... having done my paperwork last night, staying late to be sure to finish it, I took today to catch up on phone calls and emails and started the weekend right at 5. Yesterday was not so much fun - one of those mornings when you know you are fighting everyone in a losing battle even though you know in your heart of hearts you are right. But that's ok live to fight another day;), OR in the words of my dear friend, Kathy M.M., "'f'em if they can't take a joke!"
On the good news front, we found out that our firm has been chosen to receive an award from a section of our state Bar Association for our advocacy on behalf of children.  Really cool. 
Not much new on the personal front.  The snow has really put the brakes on getting togeher with the local adult kids and the grands, mostly because there is just no parking around the house when the snow builds up.  Thank goodness for the internet, electricity and social media, LOL! Our son Danny is back from LA for another run in Baltimore's Everyman Theatre.  It's nice to have him back, though like most grown kids, he as a life and is not spending his evenings home with Mom and Dad too much.
The snow has also put me a bit behind at work which in turn caused me to miss choir prax last night.  I did make it to handbells, though.
On the knitting front,  I have set myself a goal of finishing two aran-style sweaters by the end of March.  One is a sweater from Melissa Leapman's book, Continuous Cables - the Man's Entwined Circles Pullover.  Of course, I took the center panel out and charted another pattern to make the sweater a bit more unique, but it is looking pretty good so far. (picture above) I decided to start with the sleeves first, because they are always the one thing you hate doing at the end and because they can double as gauge swatches. 
I also started a new project, Thea Coleman's Ommegang. I have one sleeve done and the other started.  Ommegang is an asymmetrical cabled sweater. I'm not usually a big fan of asymmetrical knitwear, but this is a really nice sweater.  I actually found enough yarn in my stash to knit this and it is going really well. But when Dan came back into town, I figured I should catch up more on  his sweater first, since I had been promising him one for about 5 years now. The last sweater I knit him that actually fit was a similar aran-style sweater Unfortunately, he was four years old at the time.  He's overdue for a new one.
Well, dear friends, it's time to wrap up this entry.  It's Friday night - hoping for a quiet dinner and glass or two of vino. How bad can that be? Til next time and
God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

Popular Posts