39 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.....

Sorry to disappoint the Canadians among you, but that was just a reference to the number of "In progress" projects I now have going on Ravelry.  No, I did not complete 13 projects overnight.  I'm good, but I'm not THAT good, LOL:). I decided to weed out the projects (1) I knew I was not going to get around to for a long while and (2) those that I hadn't even started yet, but had put up on ravelry as a sort of "space marker" for projects for which I had yarn at the ready. Those projects are now a part of the 97 I have in hibernation, to be reviewed later for completing or frogging. So the score is now 39 projects in progress, 97 projects hibernating, and 156 projects completed (since 2007, LOL). Not too terribly shabby.

So after blabbing away about the projects I have currently moving along, I did make a bit of progress on this, more or less doubling what I had done to get me about 35% toward the finish line.  If I keep working on this, I might have it done within the week.  The colors are very bright and I was thinking my granddaughter Ruby might like it - or perhaps Madison, though I think she prefers golden yellow (her homage to her One True Love, Bart Simpson) and other more muted colors.  I'll check with their mom. Or it could go to their wild grandma --or her even wilder partner in crime, Nancy C., mild-mannered organist by day, wild woman by... the rest of the day;)
The weather was kind to us in this part of the Atlantic.  At least it was last night.  No snow.  No rain, not even much frozen on the roads for those (like John) who work the graveyard shift. I was to play flute for the youth choir this morning, but it wasn't to be.  I was in a mad rush to get there on time and felt a bit panicked, hoping my nerves wouldn't make me screw up the piece, when I got to the church and realized I had forgotten my flute in the rush! By the time I would have gone home and come back, it would have been too late.  It wasn't an essential part of the piece, thank goodness and I think I have dear Diane's forgiveness for the mess-up! Since I hadn't been to choir practice and didn't know the music for this morning, I called it a day, though I should have gone to the services - it's just difficult to do when you're supposed to be up in the choir loft.  No excuse though.
To atone for my faux pas, I decided to sit at the computer and my hearings prepped for tomorrow morning.  I have many of them for some reason and of course will need to be at two places at once - three if I want to attend a meeting for a client on the other side of town. 
For a variety of reasons, it's doubtful we'll have any of the usual suspects over for dinner tonight.  Everyone is either out of town, working or has other things to do.  I'd like to say John and I will be cleaning the house and catching up on all I didn't do while my back was betraying me, but somehow I think we'll be doing well to get ready for tomorrow:).  Hey, at least the laundry is done (ah the humanity!).
The HUGE boxes are still in the house, Elizabeth Zimmermann and Meg Swansen's Knitting Glossary is in the DVD player (though I suspect John might soon request a switch to a sports show - blech) and outside the clouds are gathering for what threatens to be a winter storm tonight. Ah well, reporting from Easter Island, this is FugueStateKnits signing out.... Until next time, 
God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

Popular Posts