That was the year that was. This is the year that is to be. (Oh man, that was brilliant!)
Easy for me to say,huh? Let me see if I can translate...
The questions of the fiber-crazy year in review:
1. Your knitting/crochet/Web year 2013: Tell about one of your projects, and it doesn't have to be the greatest and the dearest of 2013, but the project, for whatever of your reasons, strikes your fancy. Perhaps, because the piece that came out is something special, because the pattern has taught you something new or because the yarn was so special. Take one project and tell us about it.
I think for me this year was more about designing, about taking charge of how I wanted things to work out. I credit Meg Swansen of Schoolhouse Press and Amy Detjen at Craftsy and Schoolhouse Press for a lot of this. And of course, the soul of EZ lives on!
2. Your stash of 2013: How has it evolved? Have you purchased great new yarns, did you decrease it or build it up again? Has your taste changed - what was/were your favorite yarn /fibers in 2013?
I have too much yarn - yarn that I will never use in my lifetime. I have to sell or give it away and keep what really speaks to me in terms of future projects. My taste has not changed a lot. If anything, I've become more conservative. (Ew the C word!)
3. Spin 2013 (if you spin - which in German is slang for "if you're nuts", LOL): what yarn comes to mind that you want to tell of? Have you learned a new spinning technique and mastered challenges?
I drop spindled a bit this year. Would like to get more into using a wheel - but I have to get one first and I don't know if I have the time/money for such a venture. We shall see.
4. Which of your pieces that you did, were your favorite items for 2013 (i.e., that you often and gladly wore)?
Frankensweater for me, Custom Yoke Sweater for JoAnna, the two shawls I designed for the Prayer Shawl Ministry for others - oh and that incredible Bluemchen sweater by Anne Hanson!
5. The "most knitworthy person(s)" 2013 for you?
My kids and friends. But I've given things away to clients and strangers who were cold. I believe in yarn Karma.;)
6. What were the worst crafting accidents and disappointments?
Not accidents so much, but I really have slacked off on learning how to warp the lovely rigid heddle loom I have and I feel once I start, a lot of that excess yarn will be disappearing:)
7. Favorite Designer_in 2013?
Anne Hanson, Jared Flood, Corinna Ferguson, Rosemary Hill, Veronik Avery, Meg Swansen, Cully Swansen - you didn't think I'd only name one, did you?
8. Song of the year?
Not a pop song, but a hymn in 4 parts: The King of Love My Shepherd Is. It's carried me through.
9. Book of the year?
And God Said, "Billy!" by Frank Schaeffer
10. Film/series of the year?
Lincoln - thank you Steven Spielberg:)
11. 3 Things that you would not want to miss out?
Being there for my friends, my daughter's wedding, Jane and Ken's 50th Anniversary Celebration
12. 3 Things that you well do without?
A little too much red wine and carbs and the poundage I've added back.
13. What did you start new in 2013?
Playing a drum set in a band - way cool!
14: What did you stop doing in 2013?
Walking - have to get back to it! (See #12 above, LOL)
15: 2013 in a Word? (or a motto)
Well that's all I have for today. Blessings to all of you and a very Happy and Healthy New Year. I hope we'll "see" more of each other in the coming year!
God be with you 'til we meet again+