A quiet life.

Today started early and cloudy and humid and blah. John had a doctor's appointment at 7:45 and we got up early and went to it.  I was with him because he can't drive yet and it is still difficult for him to get around. When we got back, we had a fairly quiet morning, and then John went upstairs for a little snooze.  I had decided it might be a good idea to take a large man-made fiber quilt/comforter that really needed it for a wash at a local laundromat as he slept. It wasn't a tough job by any stretch, but it did require a bit of sitting in the laundromat and knitting.  A tough job, but somebody had to do it.
I worked a little bit on the armholes for the back of the "Natalie Tank/Tee" and watched the heartbreaking news stories coming from Tornado Alley in Oklahoma, Texas and apparently up the center of the country all the way north to Madison, Wisconsin! Those poor folks who lost children and family members and beloved pets and all their worldly possessions! In the face of such devastation, it is impossible to find the words to even comment. My prayers are with all of you in that part of the country. 
I am back on the work schedule tomorrow and today I eased back into it by visiting a client in preparation for her hearing in a few weeks. As I went out my front door this afternoon, I was greeted with the sight you see at the top of this blog. Green, lush and wildflowers. As a friend of mine back in my college days used to say as we would see a flower growing out of a concrete slab, "Purely gratuitous:)"
Today has been a quiet day and I will most likely go to bed soon, but first a little bit of knitting and a tv show or two  - or maybe a knitting podcast or two - in the background.
Good night dear readers, and God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
What a lovely view from your front door! Very health giving. (Studies show that having a view of a tree improves one's health or recovery if they need to recover from something.) I'm glad you are reentering the blogosphere.
I hope, you had fun watching the shows or listening to podcasts and that your day starts out good for you...
greetings from rainy Switzerland, Christa
Christa, thank you - you are always so kind and upbeat:)!
Joanna - I am hoping that works for John and soon:)! Thanks for the welcome back:)! How's Seattle these days??
Awww thanks - sorry it's raining for you - but then everything grows so well and the colors so much more vibrant in the rain, aren't they?

Popular Posts