Happy 2013:)

Well, yet again, it's been awhile. We've had three major holidays - not counting Halloween, LOL:) On Thanksgiving, the gang got together and again on Christmas. As you can see, not much difference - but I was equally happy to have us all together!
clear: both; text-align: center;">  


n: justify;"> When last I wrote in mid October, I mentioned having done a bit of "ecclesiastical espionage" with Nancy and Rennie in three Washington DC churches.  You may recall I wrote about a fortuitous meeting with the former Bishop Jane Holmes Dixon and her husband at St. Columba's church.  Sadly, that lovely woman died in her sleep Christmas Eve, a complete shock to many of us among her friends and admirers.  I was very grateful to have taken the opportunity to tell her how much her work meant to me as a fairly new "Whiskeypalian."  You just never know when it's going to be the last time you see a person, so why not let them know how important they are to you?
In other news here on the "Merlin" side of the Potomac, our great state, through the voice of the people in a referendum on the legislature's passage of a marriage equality act, did not follow the horrendous example of the Californians and actually voted FOR same-sex marriage! Although I do not believe any of us get to vote on the civil rights of others, I was glad for this bit of fairness and never was I prouder to be a resident of Merlin (now let me tell you how I really feel....) Anyway, it turns out that a gentleman who worked down at City Hall in Baltimore, upon learning that marriage equality was to be a reality in Merlin, asked the good Mayor for whom he worked if she would perform the marriage ceremony.  So, when New Year's day arrived, City Hall was opened up for seven weddings and that good gentleman was able to marry his partner of 35 years.  Stephanie Rawlings-Blake performed the ceremony, having been assured by the Law Office that she had the constitutional authority to do so (and rumor also had it that she had secured a temporary license online to do so as well - a belt and suspenders kind of thing).  The other six weddings that took place that night were performed by three other judges and an attorney who had the ability to do so (don't know if he was a minister or did the online temporary minister thing also).
Why, you may ask, was this of note to me? Well, I had the distinct pleasure of volunteering that evening.  I met a lot of very nice people, all of whom were very happy and many of whom, like me, never thought they would see this happen in their lifetimes.  It was a great way to spend New Year's Eve and one I am not likely to forget well into my dotage.
Normally, my New Year's Eves are quiet ones, spent knitting and watching TV, sometimes watching a grandchild or two.  John works overnights and always works New Years and Christmases.  It's usually a time of reflection and a time when I hope to become more organized, more industrious, and a better person. Like many such times, I sometimes succeed and sometimes fail. But I was very glad to have played even the minutest part  that I did to bring a greater level of equality for our citizens - and their children. And dagnabbit - it was fun!
Life for the most part has been trundling on. I visit clients, I represent them in court and hope to do the best job I can. My kids are growing up and I am getting older- which is just fine - think of the alternative:) Music and knitting continue to play a large role in my life as do my dear friends.
Right now as I sit and type this, the house is empty.  Danny is living with us until he finds a place. JoAnna is at a party and Sabrina is also out.  John is at work. Pretty soon I will sit down to knit a bit and perhaps catch a TV show or two. And then tomorrow I get up and start all over again. Nothing wrong with that, but not a heck of a lot to blog about really:)
On the knitting front, I have just gone through the some 162 projects listed on Ravelry and I am relieved to note for the record that 110 of them are FINISHED projects, LOL.  Howevah, that does leave me with 52 to complete.  So, I figured I'd work on finishing the smaller ones and the ones with the highest percentage done already. Right now I've decided to get going on socks.  Isn't that thrilling, you might ask.  It is when you're cold and it's winter:) And the somewhat recent demise of a number of my fat cells has contributed to that freezing cold feeling in the bleak mid-winter!
Ah well, it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!
Not much more to say right now, dear readers, so I will sign off.
Happy New Year - wishing you joy, warmth, happiness and joy in the little things of life!
Peace and
God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

Anonymous said…
Decide to be a good person who will not be evil.
Inherent in the offer of clone hosting is a clue:::"Earn" by hurting others. This violates this vow, causing people to incurr evil, and the clue you need to avoid it. Sadly, as young people too many are still corrupted, still unenlightened and make the mistake when offered.
Only innocent pure children ascend into heaven, while evil is relegated to entering clone hosting, where they are reincarnated as lesser life forms. One day the Christian Rapture will be used as a "consolation prize", and usher in the era of compensation according to the Bible:::1000 years with Jesus on Earth.
Everlasting life with Jesus, but only for true believers:::Placement to suffer on the next Planet Earth punishment for worshipping a false god.

The antients used Christinaity to initiate the "Beginnning of The End". Along the way they used it to initiate other tools which they will use to further mankind into decay and towards the Apoocalypse:::USA, "democracy", capitalism/corporations.
Of the tools they have used, religious, political, economic, social is by far the most damaging and seems reserved for those who have experienced each tactic:::
The god's social tool promoted moral decay, whether sexual, behavioral, professional, etc. It created an enviornment where indecency is the norm.

Breaking my ankle at the Summitt was shamelessly gratuitous. The only purpose was to slow me down as I got older, ensuring I didn't continue hiking or being active.
And they knew they were going to parlay kidney failure into cardiac cmplications, effectively doing the same.
People don't believe me when I say the gods are monsters, saying it is specific to my life. We're all being set up for ugly, and Republican debt spending will lead to bankrupcy and the use of all these semi-automatic guns people are hoarding at these gun shows.
The gods are ordering all proceedings still. If one day this changes it hasn't yet. Their vested interest is still very high.
The gods chose the Eutruscans to destroy Planet Earth and imparted their value system because these were the values the Antients would inflict on us when the chips were on the table. Ironically they are the big gangsters in the sky.

The gods may share some values of the conservatives (mostly good, a little evil), with the exception of capitalism, warmongering and environmental degredation, but they also share in the economic degredation of the conservatives which will bring the United States to bankrupcy and anarchy. It initiated with Ronald Reagan taking the National Debt from $1T to $6T.
And me, the hundred billion dollar man, will have to meekly ask for a nice apartment (conservative timeshare dream).
As long as the gods have this vested interest of the Situation they are calling the shots. They order all proceedings to ensure they get what they want. This is not to say they will transistion when it is over, but I suspect this final absolution of culpability is necessary for them to completely wash their hands of Earth in preparation for the Apocalypse.

Something godly about dork, innocent and pure, unlike the status quo. Kinda like the Simspsons episode when Rod and Todd go back to Germany and become normal, because everyone in the USA are the freaks. This was a valuable clue.
What the Heidi ho is clone hosting????
Huh???

Popular Posts