There's an empty spot- must need to buy more yarn!


20120905-213025.jpg
20120905-213041.jpg
20120905-213056.jpg
20120905-213109.jpg
20120905-213123.jpg
Well, dear reader, if I have any, it has finally happened- the hubs and I are empty nesters. After 35.7 years, 35.7 LONGGGGG years:) and believe it or not, I am a little sad about that. But we had more than our fair share of blessings in the kid department, so it makes sense that the time would come later rather than sooner. Though I don't feel that old:)!
It's been a long time since I last blogged. Life has happened in the interim and I will try to catch up as best and as honestly as I can.
Today I had the unsettling experience of putting all my craftuals in one space (well, except for the projects I'm keeping close at hand for TV knitting). It was a bit disconcerting to see all I had accumulated since getting back into knitting in a serious way (yeah right!) some 9 years ago.
On 9/22, Ye Olde Columbia Sip'N Knit is having a Yarn Swap and I am hoping to give away a bunch o'yarn in exchange for hopefully less it also nice yarn. HA! We shall see!
On the knitting front, I've finished an started a number of projects and, due to weight loss, had to frog and/or give away others.
Most recent finished, my version of EZ's Green Sweater:
20120905-221133.jpg


And a red vest based upon Amy Christoffers Acer Cardigan:
20120905-221225.jpg
That's all for now-- more to come soon:)!
Until then, God be with you 'til we meet again:)!+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
Gosh, it's good to hear from you again. You are looking fabulous, and your EZ green sweater turned out well. Initially, I was bitter against mine for giving me so much trouble, and I hated it. But we reconciled, and now I find it a useful pal to tote around.
I'm coming to a peaceful place with my Green Sweater, too:) I ended up frogging my first attempt and then re-doing it in the smallest size - not because I'm THAT much smaller, but because I KNEW I'd knit it too loosely, LOL:) I can actually use it for work - or play:)! Not too shabby:) I have been following your blog pretty regularly! And enjoying that Mozart Requiem from time to time as well!
Take care:)
Joan

Popular Posts