My knitting is a hydra

No sooner do I finish one project, at least two spring up to take its place:)
I have lost count. But here are a few things I've recently started and aim to finish.  Someday:)
The Dr. Who Scarf for my dear SIL who has been waiting patiently for two years for me to do it. I've now about doubled the progress shown in this picture.  It's actually been a lot of fun.
Lace Shawl #21 from Vogue Knitting Fall 2011
This has been a lot of fun, too, now that I think I've gotten the hang of the lace pattern (It's amazing what not drinking anymore  - well, nothing alcoholic anyway - can do for your lace knitting!) I've wanted to use the light grey yarn in stash for a while and this seemed the perfect opportunity.

 
I've also made some progress (believe it or not) on the Aranmor for Danny (yes, in Red Heart acrylic "aran" color, so hit me).



And hey, S requested this hat which I started and finished in one night.  Who knew?
One of the things they warn you about when you go through weight loss surgery is cross addiction.  I thought I'd have to watch the red vino, but I really don't miss it.  Crack isn't my thing (thankfully!) I guess it's this knitting thing. And there's no cure.
Good:)!
I've also been working on a wrap for my daughter K (wife of the aforementioned SIL).  The thing is, I've been working on this wrap for her WEDDING three years ago.  It got far too hot that weekend, so it wasn't a total loss, but it was a perfectly lovely pattern by Lucy Neatby and I didn't see the point in stopping.  It was on hiatus for a time because I ran out of yarn (Cotton Fleece in white) and the LYS either didn't carry it or didn't have any more in white.  Well that changed recently and I'm back on the job.  Of course it does feel a little silly, since they now have two children, LOL!  The good news is, I believe this wrap will go with just about anything  - but it's not machine washable.  Believe it or not, I actually made a bit 'o progress on that, too!
I really like this pattern - the Falling Leaves Scarf  - because it is quite variable and can be as large or small as you want it. I especially love that both sides of the fabric are quite nice.



This morning I woke up to babysit the grandgirls.  John got up around 3 to take the "second shift" so I could go to a small memorial service for the 9/11 victims and survivors. It was a lovely September day, a little hotter than usual. We were a small group, standing within the circles of the little labyrinth in front of the church.  It was a small outdoor service.  The children in the school and some adults had created a huge number of pennants to express their prayers for peace on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. One of the readings, about forgiveness was as follows:
Forgiveness does not mean condoning what has been done.  It means taking what happened seriously and not minimizing it; drawing out the sting in the memory that threates to poison our entire existence.  It involves trying to understand the perpetrators and so have empathy, to try to stand in their shoes and appreciate the sort of pressures and influences that might have conditioned them...By forgiveness we are saying here is a chance to make a new beginning.
Speaking of forgiveness in the wake of such an extraordinary act of inhuman cruelty is a difficult task.  But then I saw who wrote those words and was instantly silent: Desmond Tutu.

As a fellow worshiper said to me, "Seeing his name took me back a bit." It was nice to meet some people at church I don't ordinarily see - and to see someone I hadn't seen since I joined this church. It was a quiet, unassuming little service and all the more moving for it.
Well, I'd better get to bed; it's getting late and I've got to be up in 5 hours. Yikes....
God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

Unknown said…
Knitting is a good addiction - solves several potential issues - and can provide gifts for others, which is always a good thing.

Popular Posts