Quiet Aftermath

Well the electricity went off early this morning, so I'm listening to NPR on the battery-charged radio, typing this on my phone, sitting in my little knitting corner and knitting- because outside of doing the dishes and


rearranging the den to allow the lovely breeze in, there's not much else I can do. Except for the electrical situation (and our neighbor's water shortage- they use a well), it's hard to believe that yesterday we were prepping for a hurricane!
So of course I started a new project- one in my list - Hawthorne. After the initial 311-stitch cast-on, it's pretty clear sailing.



This evening, we have reservations to a local Residence Inn which will hopefully have electricity, so those of us working tomorrow will be able to get ready.
In the meantime, I get to hang out with these guys:






In the immortal words of Ina Garten: How bad can that be?
God be with you 'til we meet again- and thanks for your prayers and well wishes!

Comments

joannamauselina said…
I'm glad all is well with you and yours. I read your previous at work last night, and so couldn't comment - that sort of thing is blocked. When I got home, I was too tired. But I was very interested in your perspective and preparations for the hurricane. Gosh, weather can be awful.

Popular Posts