Heresy!! Or WWAD?

Here I sit, (my newly trimmed-down behind exceedingly sore on the stone bench) near the lovely fountain outside the Baltimore County courthouse. I am waiting for the afternoon docket and it's the loveliest August day I've ever seen! It has to be about 65 degrees F - glad to have my jacket on!

The morning's docket was fairly uneventful except the Master (they preside over our hearings unless there's a problem) seemed to be ill. Never saw so many recesses in my life. Poor guy!

This afternoon is anybody's guess--sigh. Well I'm not talking about my cases- then I'd be down to .5 readers,LOL!
This morning was an early wake up- John and I took the grandgirls to a local Residence Inn for their last possible overnight of the summer. The idea was that they and John would head to the hotel pool this morning, their mom or dad would pick them up from our house at about midday, and then John would put the finishing touches on the house for our home inspection this evening. Hopefully I'll get home in time to lend him a hand.

But I digress, dear 2.5. Yea verily I have committed heresy, yes heresy of the worst kind! And I am unrepentant!!
I am knitting a Starmore Sweater in (GASP!!) Acrylic!!!

Why oh why have I gone so far astray you might ask. And What Would Alice Do (WWAD)? I don't know if the amazingly talented Ms. Starmore has a young adult son, but my dear only-begotten throws his sweaters in the wash. I am not about to make the effort to knit a lovely Starmore Aranmor only to have it turned into a doll's sweater! Hence my unrepentant nature. But fear not, dear 2.5, I am doing penance nonetheless- by knitting with the stuff that is really better for afghans and the like.

Sigh....
Gotta go

God be with you'til we meet again+

Comments

Unknown said…
I've been doing some catch up on blogs and have just finished a lot of reading on yours. Wow! First of all you look great - I am so glad this is working for you - and who said there is an instant learning curve to anything?
All the knitting and crocheting looks great - love the daughter's afghan for her new place.
Wishing you time to knit and enjoy life.
Retired Knitter said…
You do look great. And I love the knitting pictures.

Popular Posts