Random stuff

Well, things are moving along, but never as quickly as one would like:). Never would have thought I'd feel this good at this point, though. I'm still sore and tire more easily, but that's no big surprise. Since last we met, dear 2.5 readers, I've had two visitors here at Chez FugueState. Diane L came by Monday and brought magazines (one about cooking light, the other about knitting--MWA!) and this lovely low-fat, sugar - free fruit thingie that was out of this world! Thank you, Diane:)
Today Nancy S. came by. She brought some lovely Greek yogurt and blueberries from her own garden- yum! Hey, I thought I was supposed to be losing weight, LOL. I am! We had a lovely time, eating our lunches outside on the porch and talking our fool heads off about pretty near everything. Heaven! Thanks so much Nancy!
Now the clouds are rolling in for what promises to be another in a stream of thunderstorms coming at us for the next week. Ah timing is everything!
Oh, before I go for now, couple of things I wanted to share- first, the butterfly that not only came to sit on the railing of the deck the first afternoon I sat outside, but it stayed with me and let me take it's picture! It even came back later!


Even when the thunderclouds came and the breeze turned to something more threatening, it hung on. Some say butterflies can be a message from our loved ones who have died. Who knows, but I liked the plucky little thing!
And second, no knitter's blog will be complete without a picture of (gasp) knitting:



Not much to look at now, but like rest of me, it's getting there!


God be with you 'til we meet again.+


Comments

joannamauselina said…
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well and sort of perky. And that your friends are taking good care of you.

That butterfly looks suspiciously like a moth! But I don't think moths sit with their wings up like that.
Anne said…
I'm just catching up with your blog. I'm glad to hear the surgery is a success so far and you are feeling better. I hope you continue to feel better each day, and enjoy good health.

I signed up for EfM on Sunday at an EfM open house in my area. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am quite excited to get started.
@Joanna, thanks. So far, so good, am losing weight and feeling OK. I cannot imagine how frightening it must be to have no family or friends around when you're sick or in the hospital! It makes you realize your blessings!
@Anne - you won't regret it - EfM has provided me with a lot of food for thought over the years, and some connections with some wonderful, thoughtful and intelligent people of faith - NOT an oxymoron!
Unknown said…
Glad you are doing well and your near-by friends are taking good care of you. Knitting always helps so I'm looking forward to seeing some more things off your needles.

Wishing you continued success post surgery.

Popular Posts