Sometimes it pays to do the right thing

This is NOT our client!
And believe it or not, as a lawyer, one really ought to know that.  Think about it, lawyer jokes aside, if we do the right thing, we rarely (sometimes, but not often) have to worry.  We don't have to get our stories straight; all we have to do is get our ducks in a row and do our thing and we're fine.  
But sometimes it's not so certain what the right thing is.  As you know, dear readers, I do NOT give details about clients.  That would be the greatest of all Bozo No-Nos.  And just plain mean and wrong. What I will say in general, is that our office decided to take an appeal on a decision we believed to be wrong and against our client's interests.  The AG's office warned us against it.  They felt it was a gamble, that we could end up with a bad decision that could make things difficult for their other cases. Ultimately, they refused to even be involved in the appeal.  But it was the right decision for our client and that's the only person we had to worry about.  So we took the gamble. And the intermediate appellate court agreed with us. Yes, we could still be overturned on a subsequent appeal.  Yes, this means even if we prevail at the appellate level, we'll still have to prove our case in court.  Again.  Yes, we could lose.  Again. But it was the right thing to do.  Luckily, I have two bosses who believe in doing the right thing.  They believe that we have to do what's right for our client.  Not everyone else.  Our client.
Did I tell you I really really love my job?
On the knitting front, Terra is growing, albeit slowly.

But it's the only relatively mindless thing I've got going, outside of the Cassidy:) And yes, I'm working on that, too.  But I think I will just have to bite the bullet and get working on that Westerwick.  Just being a chicken, that's all.:)

Oh, and not for nothin', but I thought I'd leave you with a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Fox - in our next-door neighbor's back yard, munching on the deer feed they put out.  Another reason I can't play in the back yard!
Ah well, God be with you 'til we meet again!
You can find them at the bottom of the picture!
+

Comments

yodeljuhuuu...hey Terra looks great...
snowy greetings from over the pond..
Christa
Hey Christa!!! Love your new sweater!

Popular Posts