Blogging between the trucks..

Anyone who said New Yawk has the worst traffic never tried the trip from Pelham to New Haven on I-95 North on a Friday on a wet day in January!

As I enter these words via cellphone, it is about 7:30 PM eastern time. We need to get to Exit 44. We just passed Exit 16 and have been on this part of the highway since 5:00. You do the math. I think we'll forget dinner with Vicki the night before her ordination, LOL!
John, bless his heart, worked the overnight shift last night. He's gotten dribs and drabs of sleep all day and has now taken over the driving to give my cramped right leg a break.
Well that was exciting, wasn't it??
I am looking forward to tomorrow! Vicki asked if I would sing with the choir and I accepted of course:). Rehearsal is at 9 and the service is at 11 at St. Peter and St. James ("St. PJs"). Must remember to get the Bishop's name for Carol, our Rector here at St. J's- she probably knows him from her environmentalist days.
Vicki has wanted to do this all her life. Unfortunately, the church we used to belong to didn't think the female half of the human race was worthy of such wonders. Their loss. Truly- it makes me sad to think about it. Of course that doesn't mean her path was automatically a smooth one when she joined another Communion- au contraire, mes amis! She heard a big fat "No" in the 80s and went her way to live through a decade or two of joy and tragedy. Trust me when I tell you, she will be an AWESOME priest!
And it will be equally awesome when I stand or kneel at the altar and hear her say,"the Body of Christ."
Like I said- awesome:)
More tomorrow- till then, God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
That is pretty exciting news! Hope all goes well and that you have a safe return trip.
Retired Knitter said…
How very exciting. I am thrilled for her. And she will be an awsome priest.

Hope your trip was safe.

Popular Posts