Unsettled and grateful

It's a cloudy, threatening-to-be rainy Tuesday.  I'm caught up with paperwork for the office and have a few things to do in terms of readying myself (or my proxies) for Thursday's hearings. The morning has been a flurry of phone calls about flights and hotel reservations and who is paying for what. It's fine, that's how life happens and it's really OK.  Or perhaps better stated, let's not get into the details of what I cannot control:)

Last night I stayed up late, chilling out, watching some tv, listening to a couple of knitting podcasts and working on the Westerwick cardigan for Nancy. Something has been brewing in my brain over the past week or so and finally at about 3 a.m. when I toddled up to bed (after falling asleep in the chair downstairs, LOL), that I had it all wrong.  I decided to be happy. And grateful. 
Was it Abraham Lincoln who said that most folks are about as happy as they decide to be? I think (with a huge caveat) for the most part he was right.  I am so blessed.  I have this amazing, intelligent, interesting family - kids and kids-in-law -  who have grown up to be people I not only love, but actually LIKE:)! (Whether they return the favor may change from week to week is up for debate, LOL). My grandchildren are infinite sources of surprise and grace. I have a husband who is a good person and a wonderful father and grandfather. My extended family  (both John's and mine) is filled with even more truly good, intelligent, funny and loving people. My church community is so dear to me; I get to make music with people who are far more talented and gifted than I and I learn something new all the time.  I have friends who care about me and my family.  I have a job, ferheavenssake(!), colleagues whom I respect and enjoy working with, and clients for whom I hope to make a difference. 

So what in blazes would I have to complain about? Nothing! Whatever negatives there may be in my life can be more than overcome by all of the above. In spades.

Well, hopefully, I'll find out about that trip in time to be able to go, LOL:) If not, that's OK. I've got plenty I can do right here.  But just in case, I decided to pack this bunch of loveliness because, after all, why not start a new project or two when you have 42 already going on?
I'm hoping to use the light blue/grey Magic Garden Baby Cotton for Jared Flood's Shale Baby Blanket.  
Just something to do in the evenings in case no one is doing dinner as a group.  Well, I'd better get moving and get back to work, unsettled, but grateful.

God be with you 'til we meet again:)
+

Comments

Unknown said…
I just spent time last night looking at the same baby blanket pattern - trying to decide if I want to make it. I think if you post updates as you go, you may enable me.. : )

Hope the unsettled feeling dissolves away for you and you find it was nothing after all.

Popular Posts