Quietly working my way through Sunday

Last night was lovely. I saw the Concert Artists of Baltimore, with Edward Polochick and the orchestra.  They sang a relatively obscure work of Robert Schumann's - the Missa Sacra.  It was a stellar performance by the singers (of whom Alison E and Diane L are friends - I'm so proud:)) and the instrumentalists as well.  Apparently this work was composed approximately two years before Herr Schumann was institutionalized for mental illness.  What a terrible waste! Thank God for meds today!
The second work we heard/saw was a Schumann Piano Concerto and another outstanding performance by Ann Schein of Peabody fame. She was amazing! 
Then home, to bed and up for music and church this morning. I didn't screw up too terribly badly with the flute, but I know I need to practice a lot more than I have been. Well, nobody shot me, so I guess it was ok. The choir started on a couple of Christmas pieces after the service and that's always fun.

On the knitting front I forgot to post yesterday about a sweater for our grandson Johnnie - for his first birthday.  I was able to finish it in three days (one of the advantages of knitting for the small in size, LOL:)! I made some mods to the Sweater with Ribbed Yoke from Debbie Bliss's book, Infant and Toddler knits. It should keep him warm AND the good news is, the Encore yarn is superwash, so it's machine washable.  It's done in leftover yarn from the Faux Cable Sage Pullover by Linda Romens I made for John three years ago for Christmas. So he'll match his Pop:)

Not much else new to report. Back soon, until then, God be with you 'til we meet again:)
+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
I'm so glad you're back in the blogosphere. I've missed you and have been wondering what you've been up to. The photo collage of your little sweater is very nice. And so is the sweater, which goes without saying.
Thanks so much, Joanna - I have been following yours and everyone else's but never seemed to have the time to keep it up. I've resolved to do so as much as I can and to stay in touch with my online fellow knitters:)! Loved your sweater, BTW!

Popular Posts