Full Swing Into Summer

Well, it has been summertime with a vengeance here at Chez FugueStateKnits. And a summer of lace at that. I don't seem to get enough of those lacy numbers that have been popping up all over the Twist Collective, Ravelry, and Knitty. And why not? The yarn is lightweight, the patterns are enough of a challenge to keep one interested and you really don't need that much yarn, given the fact that you can usually garner some 400 yards of fingering/lace weight with one skein!
The picture to the right has had yet another little shawlette added to it. I've been working away at this little number, something I've wanted to knit for a long time - Evelyn Clark''s Swallowtail Shawl.
And I finished it. As seems to be my usual habit with these things, I tend to knit them either on needles that are smaller than recommended or do not block as severely as I should- and that's OK: I end up with exactly what I want.
I'm almost finished with this- and the picture doesn't do the muted greens of the Lavold Silky wool justice. I'm doing a different ribbing, leaving the cabling bit alone and doing p1, k1, p,1, k3 ribbing on the rest for 30 rows. I think this one may actually fit!

Am posting from court - gotta go!
GBWYTWMA!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Ohhhh Swallowtail is on my to-do list - but I have to finish spinning the yarn. Love to see yours - photo please?
The sweater looks great - is the green fairly accurate? If so I love the color!
joannamauselina said…
Looks like you have been a busy bee. And a productive one as well. The shawls look great, and the white scarf on the previous post is fabulous.
Susan said…
I knit the Swallowtail, sweet little knit I will do it again I am sure. I replaced the nupps with beads. worked a charm. don't you love knitting with Lavold's wool?? So nice in hand. Good to see you back.
~Susan

Popular Posts