Anticipation

It's looking like rain today in Central Merlin and my oldest brother (still younger than me and I call him my little brother, even though he's 6'4") is coming to visit us from out west.  John has gone off to our local Safeway supermarket to pick up something halfway decent for dinner (poor guy will get hot dogs tomorrow night, but tonight we'll try not to give him ptomaine, LOL!). His flight comes in about 15 minutes from now and the airline page says it's on time, even a little early, but with the gathering storm, they might circle a little bit.  Good thing we're only about 20 minutes away from the airport.
Dan's coming to stay with us for a while, and we are all very happy to have him.  It's been years since we've seen each other - almost seven to be exact - work, family, illness, other obligations just didn't make visits possible, but thank goodness for e-mail and Facebook:)  I actually cleaned the downstairs bathroom  - who knew?
This has been a very light week at work because one of the Master's is out on vacation and the other one I only had hearings in front of on Monday (great sentence that!). This has given me time to read my pro bono file and to do some legal research, so no complaints there - it will get busy enough next week!

I have been gratified to see to how many queues on ravelry my poor little lace scarf has gone.  Anything over one is a coup for me! And thanks to everyone for their kind remarks.

I have done a bit of knitting, but the one thing I've been working on the most is what Wendy of DC would call a "stealth project." In short, it's called Annis (see ravelry) and it's for a friend who is not on ravelry, so I can direct you there and more about that I cannot say or I'd give it away:)shhhhh....Pic on the right.

I will say, though, that getting ready for my dear brother's sojourn with us, however long or brief, I have had to do a little bit of reorganizing of the "stash," because, yes, that's where his  stuff will be.  And actually that was a good thing.  I've realized I have far far too much yarn. My LYS's are not going to like this, but unless I need more for an ongoing project, I am buying NO MORE for a long long time.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes to knit it all down - hey it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it. 

Who knows, maybe I'll design something worth actually buying some day..... nah!

Time to go - until next time, God be with you 'til we meet again!




Comments

Popular Posts