Happy Easter!

Well, at least we're in the octave, LOL:)! Yesterday was exhausting but worth every minute! I hit the ground running at 8, got to early practice a little late, but made it through the Easter Obstacle Course without falling, crashing (well, except for that one chair) or hurting anyone (that I know of).
Kristin, Sonny and his Mom, Linda all came to the late service with baby Johnny.  I cannot tell you how much this meant to see them all there on Easter Sunday! Linda is such a sweetheart - visiting our church and spending time with Sonny, Kris and Johnny before spending the balance of Easter with her other three grandkids and Sonny's sister and brother-in-law - Ladonna and Jason.  Their comments about the sermon and the music were very kind.  I about fell over myself introducing them to everyone I could between and after the services and of course appropriating Johnny to show him off to everyone in the choir:) It was a lovely spring day - and it was getting hot in there!
The brass did an excellent job befitting the professionals that they were - and drowning out (I hope) the sins of the amateurs!  Of course, Nancy, the brass and the tympani playing the Vidor afor the recessional was just wonderful.   Our opening piece for the Easter Prelude was Vaughn Williams' Let All the World In Every Corner Sing and we nailed it! Kristin and Linda later told me that Johnny really enjoyed it, getting more excited as the music built up - no frightened wimp he!  Unfortunately, he took the sermon to be an invitation to converse with the Rector, so Kristin felt she had to take him outside.  I told her he was just like his Gram - talking during the sermon!  It was at that time that Nancy told me that when she was practicing with her son Joe (who had come in from Ohio and couldn't attend earlier practices) and giving him some of the choral cues for his music, she told him the lyrics the women were singing "no door can keep Him out."  Joe thought she said "No dork can keep Him out." For some reason this struck me as EXTREMELY funny during the sermon and I was equally grateful that I was sitting on steps directly behind the organ and could not be seen from downstairs at that moment!
When it was all over and I could strip off those vestments, we headed to La Mangia for a birthday/Easter brunch and had a blast.  Kristin, Sonny and Johnny joined me in the fun and then afterwards we headed back to our house for Easter dinner - which thankfully John had prepared - and boy it was really really good.  However, before dinner I did something I rarely do - I took a 2-hour nap! And JOHN was the one who had to work last night.  Needless to say, I got dishes duty.  That's OK - I can do dishes with my eyes closed!
Well, this week will be bereft of musical rehearsals and I will be feeling so lost - well, not really. I may just do something fun for part of that time - nothing that costs anything necessarily, just something I wouldn't normally do. 
On the knitting front, I am plugging away on the EZ Green Sweater  - not enough progress to post a picture right now - and may do a little more on a project I haven't been working on for a while - that little bit of distraction always helps me stay on track believe it or not!
Hmm, do I sense a theme here?
Today I had two hearings I covered for a colleague here in Howard County and it was rather nice having only a fifteen -minute drive to the courthouse, including parking the car! When it was done, the drive back wasn't so bad, either!
Well, dear 3.5, I leave you with a view or two outside from the home office - at least the home office for the next few months. 
And God be with you 'til we meet again:)
+

Comments

Popular Posts