Have any of you had similar experiences?

My e-mail to CCBook Club today (the name has been changed to protect me):

Your fax unfortunately was not what I requested. It has taken me two solid weeks to get any kind of relief since your "preauthorization hold from hell" hit my bank account.
My bank thankfully finally agreed to waive $168.00 in overdraft fees even though the fax you sent was not what was requested. Sending a fax requesting that a hold be released two weeks after the funds were made available to you was a bit silly. What was requested was that you indicate the hold was in error and that you were not going to be responsible for overdraft fees.

Please accept this e-mail as formal notice that I am terminating my account with CCBook Club today. I have long ago met my purchase obligations with this book club I will not be responding to any e-mails, nor will I pay for any unsolicited books sent to my home.I will be saving this e-mail in case there is any dispute later about books sent to my home from your company.

In addition, under no circumstances are you authorized to apply any debit/credit card of mine.

I am sorry that after about five years my membership has to end this way, but I cannot afford to deal with your customer service any more.

Regretfully,
FugueStateKnits

Comments

joannamauselina said…
Hmmmmmm! Sounds like Chase Bank. They are a nest of thieves, and one is powerless against them.
Unknown said…
It sounds as though you have companies as incompetent and crooked as we do....
Unknown said…
Unfortunately customer service, the good meaning of the phrase, is long gone and far away.

What bothers me the most is that they come across as tho I am at fault...

Of course when I am at work (customer service) I AM at fault - as a rep of my employer it is my fault - even if it is their employer who dictated the rules.

Wishing you happy book hunting elsewhere...and better service.
Joanna and Colin - I know you two have had much worse experiences than I had with this company. The problem is in the fact that they want to keep customers at bay. They were almost purposely obtuse, although I like to think that was just my imagination.
Gail - I know what you mean. I too have been on both sides of an issue and the problem is the customer is really not talking to someone who has the power to fix the problem, don't you agree? Shame, because this has otherwise been a fine company!

Popular Posts