Hopefully NOT TMI:)

Revgalblogpal has an interesting set of questions (after posting a cute little rendition of Bananas in Pajamas) Oh Lord, I am hard up for blog content! Oh well, here goeth...

Without going to TMI land, share with us your sleepwear memories and preferences....



1. What was your favorite sleeping attire as a child? And did you call them pjs, pajamas (to rhyme with llamas), pajamas (to sort of rhyme with bananas), jammies, or ??? Pajamas (that rhymed with Llamas) or nightgowns. The whole boring words. And I put them under my pillow in the morning (no need to wash them every day!)



2. Favorite sleepwear put on your own little ones, or perhaps those you babysat? (Bonus points if you made it). Hah! With six kids? I was lucky to get the kids clean and make sure I had a diaper/pamper on the appropriate one (it got really ugly otherwise!). Usually it was a t-shirt subbing as a nightgown and the underwear du jour.



3. How about today-do you prefer nightgown, pajamas, undies, or au naturel? I usually dress the same as my kids used to!



4. Silky smooth or flannel-y cozy? Depends on what the activity was for the evening (Oh yeah, no TMI) I prefered flannel-y cozy. He preferred au naturel... Now he works nights and I work days, so it's whatever....



5. Socks or bare feet? Depends on whether we paid the oil or electric bill that month. Lately I can afford bare feet, but you never know....

Bonus: Funny story regarding sleepwear (or the lack thereof). No way Jose'!

Comments

Sue said…
What is it with guys and au naturel??? You'd think they might want to, you know, "contain" it all or something....
Very funny. I'm with you on the nightwear!
Unknown said…
Before I got crippled, it was nude. Now I always wear my socks, underwear and nightshirt and trousers. No matter the weather. And just to sort of confirm a commentators comment-I prefer jersey body hugging boxers because I hate my bits to flop around. Tight jersey boxers keeps them in place. Oh and Joan, if you really can't think of anything to write abotu, there is always me....
altar ego said…
I'm giggling, a nice thing to do first thing in the morning! Love the commentary from Knitman (I'm assuming that's your other half?). And having scrolled down just a bit, the lovely just-started blue knitting project intrigues me...

Right now it's impossible to knit--puppies love to play with yarn and poke and knitting needles...
Unknown said…
altar ego-do you mind? i am certainly NOT Joan's other half. I have a reputation to defend you know, so please be careful not to libel me.....
Auntie Knickers said…
(snicker) great play, and although I'm not a knitter I liked looking at the pretty things you've made.
Jan said…
Cute. I remember my mother said to put pajamas under the pillow for the next morning, but I've never done that as an adult.
Whew! Colin! thank you! Somehow I don't think your (partner) John would approve, despite your adoration of Carly Simon!

Popular Posts