Playing Hookey!

No, I didn't go to church today. I should be ashamed of myself. I'm not. Guess the anticipated insanity of the upcoming weeks convinced me to be a little slothful whilst I can.
Or, to come completely clean, I should confess that I spent until about 2 a.m. working on the other one of these:


That second mitten was haunting the back of my brain and while I was at it, I got a nice pattern (this time not from Vogue Knitting) for a fair isle hat - simple two-color pattern - using yarn I found in my stash - some homespun single ball I got at the Sheep and Wool festival about three years ago! I think those colors will be fine - the pattern is called Francis by Fiona Morris. It's from a set of free patterns offered by a U.K. website called The Inside Loop . Here's a thumbnail from that site, to show you what the hat should look like (if I don't mangle it!). No worry, no bandwidth stealing here:
I think the pale lavender should do well with the blue, since the blue has flecks of lavender in it. We'll see - it's only a few hours to invest, so how bad can it be?
Since last I really posted here, not much new has happened. Friday morning was a hearing that we ultimately settled, pending the adjudicatory (read: evidentiary) hearing. The rest of the day was fairly quiet - even the phone calls and e-mails were scarce.
But next week will be interesting - I start tomorrow out with a hearing (or two) and then start with visits and something to straighten out at the bank. Tuesday, our firm is on call for new shelters (and my colleage is getting married Saturday and honeymooning from the following Saturday until the end of the month!). So scheduling things will have to wait until I know I have a hearing. Tuesday evening starts bell prax. Wednesday I have a training in the early morning until after lunch, visits and then EfM begins that evening. Thursday is a LONG, busy day at court in which I have to be in two courtrooms at once. Thursday evening starts choir prax. Friday will be a.m. court and one hearing, with a pm meeting at DSS. Oh, and just for fun, we babysit the grandangels somewhere in the mix (this may mean John babysits them for most of the time).
And we'rrrrrre off! I love it! Cannot wait to start music again, however bad I may be - and the discipline of learning is always good for the soul - and the brain, I hope!
In the meantime, I have been knitting along on that blue lace scarf - it stays in my purse or briefcase for any given minute of downtime. No new pics, because the increase is negligible at this point.
So life moves along. I am not doing well on the weight loss, but the busyness of the upcoming week should help me stay on task now. Oh, and before I forget, I am expecting these two darlings sometime this week as well:
I will do a full review when I get them. These (and one other book pre-ordered a few weeks ago) are the only books I plan on purchasing for a long while. I've got so much in that department, that it would take something pretty amazing to shake me from my determination to spend for others this year rather than myself. I plan on enjoying to the fullest that which I already have, and not just yarn and books and music. I plan on savoring every minute I have with my family and friends. For some reason - especially in the last month - I have a new appreciation for all that I have and I intend to continue to be grateful for all of it and to live life to the fullest for whatever time I have (and it may be a LOOONNNGGG time given how darn healthy I am).
Enjoy this beautiful day, dear readers. God be with you 'til we meet again!
+

Comments

Unknown said…
I hope you have a good and productive week at work. Thank you so much for the link to the patterns. I saw several things that I want to knit, including those hippocampus mittens that are so cool-looking.
patty aka biblionerd said…
The Alice Starmore book is on its way to me, too! I think I've had it on my backorder list with Amazon for a year. Whoo hoo! Wasn't willing to pay $100 for it on eBay.
Unknown said…
Really, I don't think someone so industrious can possibly be accused of sloth.
Hi "Jane":)! Nice to hear from you! I will have to check that site out in more detail - hippocampus mittens is an intriguing title - isn't that part of the brain (or a prehistoric horse? or a fat college student? - just kidding!).
Patty - loved your pics on facebook:)!! I just found out the Starmore book arrives TOMORROW!! YES:)!! Do you believe that some of her books are going for over $900 on Amazon? That's just sick.
Songbird - I'm not industrious, not by a long shot. Wish I were! But thank you for your kind comment:)
joannamauselina said…
Sounds like a well deserved weekend off. I took two naps yesterday and then went to bed early (early for night owl me, that is). It is exciting about the Alice Starmore book. I am among the lucky ones who bought it when it was still a book. I guess it still is a book, but you know what I mean. I refer to it frequently and have several things in my queue.

Popular Posts