Oh My MY....

As I type this, I am sitting at my desk at the home office, my cellphone at my side, on speakerphone, in the midst of what is euphemistically referred to as a "Family Team Decisionmaking Meeting." Oy. When one represents children, and one does not agree with the position of the local "department," (because one's clients can tell one what they want and my job is to represent THEM, dammit!), one generally is regarded as lower than the lowliest of worms. Anyway, I am listening as I type this to one parent's attorney getting information from the involved social worker and he's doing fine without me, LOL:)!
When this old world starts getting me down, and I'm not looking at my yarn stash, I look at these babies:

Aren't they lovely? And they will provide me with endless fodder for the occasional knitting book review. And it's in the next room from the kitschen, so when I sit down for a my lunch break, these provide endless inspiration:) Just think how much space I'd save were all of these on a Kindle! OK, I can dream, can't I?

Let's see, what's new and exciting since six days ago? Not a heck of a lot. Work has been fairly quiet; I've had some hearings, and need to go forward on getting some visits and paperwork done as soon as I'm loose from the tether of this meeting I'm in. A trip to the office is definitely in the cards - to pick up court reports, drop off paperwork and files, and in general to catch up with co-workers.

On the knitting front, I have finally finished the Tweed Baby Blanket and blocked it.
It has a number of imperfections, partially a product of the yarn's irregularities (which add to the charm) and my knitting snafus (which do not). I think it will make a nice outside blanket to keep our little grandson warm. Hopefully K and D will like it:)

Have also worked about 3 50-gram balls worth of KnitPicks CotLin in Morroccan Red toward the Sandrine sweater for moi:) I'm already at the waist, but I'm not doing the shaping - the ribbing at the waist does enough shaping for me at this point. I'm
hoping I have enough yarn, but it looks like I'm going to need to order about 7 more balls. No problemo - it's not that expensive!
I also succumbed to the lure of some new laceweight yarn. As one can see from the mini-collage at right - I've already wound them into balls. The pale green yarn is 1200 yards of "Lace-a-licious" in Pueblo - a shawl in a skein! It is so soft, I had the ball sitting on my desk for a day or two just to enjoy it, LOL:). The dark blue is Berrocco's Ultra Alpaca Fine - and it is lovely, with a bunch of other purply highlights that just won't come through in the photos unfortunately! This is about 420 yards or so and should make a lovely scarf or something similar.
Well folks, my meeting is over. I'd better get cracking on the rest of my work. Take care, everybody - and until next time, God be with you 'til we meet again!
+


















Comments

Unknown said…
I really like the blanket.First for the colours chosen. I also love garter stitch and the edging is just right too. Classy work.
Unknown said…
I really like the blanket.First for the colours chosen. I also love garter stitch and the edging is just right too. Classy work.
joannamauselina said…
The blanket is indeed fabulous. What a lot of work - and it seemed to get done pretty quickly. Talk about sticking with a project!!! All that garter stitch takes fortitude and strength of character. Just what those nuns told us we needed.
Eileen said…
Hi Joan!

Your knitting is, as always, fantastic!Can't wait to see the shawls!

Would you be able to steer me in the right direction to make my teeny weeny blog look better? For some reason I can't seem to position or size pictures the way I want to....
OH geez! thanks you guys! You are all so sweet! Eileen, where is your blog? Is it at your ravelry page?

Popular Posts