Interesting day....

Bob Breszny's sort-of-horoscope (verrrry interesting):
"In the days ahead, you may not realize what you're looking for until you find it. I advise you, therefore, to put into action the following five-point plan. 1) Suppress any know-it-all tendencies you might have. 2) Revive your childhood talent for being voraciously curious about everything. 3) Ask more questions than you've ever asked before. 4) Figure out how to be receptive without being passive, and how you can be humble without muffling your self-confidence. 5) Consider the possibility that you have a lot to learn about what's best for you. "
As usual with these things, my reaction is, "Hah! I WISH!" And then I go about my life, scratching my head and acting generally confused. But there's something about this one that I really really like.
Well, dear readers, the grandangels came over today and John watched them pretty much all day. I got up, got dressed for court (because I knew I'd be in court this afternoon) and got ready for the day. Court was not particularly earth-shattering - a hearing which was pretty much uncontested. After court to the office to get reports in for the week and to pick up files and then home.
On the way home I got a call from John. The grandangels were staying later than usual. Their "other Pop" was going to the hospital. He's battling lung cancer and I'm sure D and D are besides themselves - to say nothing of D's mother! (who I'm told was unable to see her husband and instructed to go home - I sure hope they knew what they were doing!)
If you read this, please send out some prayers/ good thoughts/whatever works out for D's dad. They are a very close family. The grand girls are coming tomorrow (thank you, John, for taking extra days off this week!) and I imagine we'll know more then.
This evening I went to my very first fiber-type class at Cloverhill Yarn. (I had already signed up and paid for the class, so I felt I should go). And I learned how to spin with a drop spindle! And how to ply! Whoo hoo! Now I have something else to spend too much money on. Er, wait, something else to do that's fun! (Now that's better!)
The teacher was very helpful and very nice. The classmates were lovely - Rebecca (rmartin on Ravelry), a member of the "Sip 'n Knit" I randomly attend, and a friend and colleague of my choir friend Diane, was also there! She showed me this amazing Totoro mitten pattern she's working on. We sort of bonded over the Japanese cartoon film "My Neighbor Totoro" before we realized we both knew Diane:).
I learned an awful lot about preparing the fiber and the process of spinning and actually spun some yarn that was less than a large Crayola crayon width! who knew? I got permission from the attendees and took permission (leaving out the one "camera shy" person). Anyway, it was fascinating stuff and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Unfortunately, it did entail spending money on a spindle, but boy am I in trouble.....
Well, dear readers, see you soon, I hope - until then, God be with you 'til we meet again!
+

Comments

Unknown said…
Spinning is definitely fun. A spindle tucked into a bag with a little bit of fiber is a great stress reliever and a great conversation starter. And then there is a WHEEL.
A wheel - what a commitment! You're SCARING ME!!!
(Just kiddin')

Popular Posts