OK, so I'm a total nerd I admit it

Well, last night I did a bunch of knitting on that fourth lace project - and this represents where I am so far. I'm just about ten rows from where I have to pick up all those yarn overs on the ends of the rows. It's an interesting pattern and I'm enjoying it. I'm using the Pakucho organic cotton - two balls of laceweight used together to make a fingering/sportweight fiber. Even the garter stitch looks decent with this beautiful yarn - and I'm generally not a big fan of garter stitch. Unfortunately, I stayed up WAAAY too late - until about 6:30 in the a.m. - and was sorely tempted to miss church this morning, but I made it. My hair was dirty and the rest of me clean (a wise choice, LOL) and as always I was glad to have gone. The sermon/homily was an interesting exposition on the concept of hospitality and vulnerability; Donna and Tom H sang the communion hymn and Nancy played in her usual wonderful manner!

Our Sunday was relatively quiet. K and D came by for dinner, and we quietly celebrated K's birthday with a dinner on the grill and then John toddled off to bed since he's working tonight. He's working straight through Tuesday since we are headed for NYC Thursday through Sunday. I am so nervous about this trip. I hope I don't screw things up. Hopefully the professionals will give us some guidance in how to care for my dad. And I'm glad John will be there! Well, some things you just figure out when you get there.

Needless to say, I will have a lot to get done on the work front in the next few days, so posts may be a bit scant, but I will try to stay more in touch than I have the past two weeks. When we're in NY, I will undoubtedly be too busy to post and I won't have a computer, but I will have knitting:)

And speaking of which, I found this lovely thing at Michaels - yes Michaels! Isn't this lovely? I think I'm going to do another one of the Aestlight shawls in this oatmeal color for the colder months with a US 7 rather than US 6 needle. Yes, I think I have lost my mind. But that assumes that I had one to lose in the first place.:)
Hopefully I will be back again soon. Until then, I leave you with a picture of a beautiful blue bird with a red/orange/white breast that visits us occasionally to be admired - and God be with you 'til we meet again!

+

Comments

morning, morning, morning,
that shawl comes out beautiful and
good luck for your trip...

Christa from Switzerland
Susan said…
What you have there is indeed an "Eastern Bluebird" how nice!
Unknown said…
You a nerd? I had wondered.....;-)
Thanks Christa, Susan and Colin for your comments. I am having fun with the shawls, but did a lot of knitting this weekend on the baby blanket.
Susan - thanks for the info - it's the first real bluebird I've seen in person if you can believe that! I'm so used to the robins, that the vivid colors on this fellow took me quite by surprise!
Colin - sigh - so true....When the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" was finally on television - I spent half the time sayinG "my people, my people!"

Popular Posts