Friday fun:)

Quick entry before I get ready to go to a concert this evening. John and the grandangels are in the next room, waiting for their Mommy to come pick them up after a training she had to do but didn't need (long story about a supervisor losing paperwork or something). We had a nice afternoon wherein Gram attempted the baking of shortbread cookies, but the result was not quite as good as hoped for. Just as well - none of us need cookies right now, LOL!
Court this morning was fairly uneventful - and court yesterday turned out not to be as eventful as anticipated, dubious motion from the PD's office notwithstanding. Yesterday I did, however, obtain this lovely book ('cause, you know, I don't have enough knitting books, right?):






















Aren't these projects just lovely? Kristi Porter is actually pictured in the red sweater - I know this because she made an appearance on Knitty Gritty once (back when the show was still happening!). On that episode, Kristi gave some great pointers on how to recycle sweaters from thrift store finds. This book was truly a pleasant surprise. Often with books like this you get the same old same old, just in different (lighterweight) yarns. But this was quite a symphony for the eyes. I love the wrap on the cover and the sweaters pictured. But there are short-sleeved Ts with lovely patterns on them and other accessories - I counted 32 projects in all (there are probably more!). Great work, madame author - these are terrific. I can't decide between the orange or the lavender sweaters above, but I do know I'll probably use some of Elsbeth Lavold's Hempathy in a vibrant true red that I've been saving up over the last 2 years (buying a ball here and there). And I'll probably get started some time next Spring, but that's OK. These items will stand the test of time, I'm sure!



I've made some progress on the Jared Flood Baby Blanket (Tweed Baby Blanket) and have approximately 22 (450-plus stitches) rows to go. I've also
been working on the Aestlight and have made a little progress there, too, but it might end up being more of a kerchief than a shawl, LOL!
Well, I'd better get cracking if I'm going to be able to meet up with Nancy and Rennie for that concert in time. Take care, and God be with you 'til we meet again!

+


Comments

joannamauselina said…
Hope the concert was good. That book looks like it has patterns for real people, not emaciated wraiths like so many of them. It looks like my kind of books.
You're right! and the funny thing is, Ms Porter herself has the model figure herself, yet doesn't forget those of us who are NOT:)
or was that "do not?"

Popular Posts