One of many















steps in the process I suppose.  I went to a meeting/seminar at St. Agnes Hospital in Catonsville, Merlin to get Dr. Averbach's view of ye olde gastrick bypass.  It was interesting.  The statistics were very encouraging.  The mounds of paperwork I will probably have to go through to get there are not.  What's also interesting is the above taken from the hill behind the hospital upon which most of the hospital parking is situated.  You actually get a great view of Bawlmer, Merlin from here, but it's a bit faded in the background of the picture to the right.  And the construction is lovely, is it not? But it will look quite nice and modern when it's all done in about 3 years time.
One thing I do realize - this will not by any means make me a beauty.  Besides all of that is in the eyes of the beholder and I'm too damn old to give a crap about that anymore.  I will always have to watch what I eat no matter what, but this will at least give me a better handle on it, better self control if you will.
Another reason to be very grateful:  friends and loved ones who don't really care about the outside package as much as they do about my health.  And that's what this is about.  If I look better, fine, great, whatever. But it's really about sticking around and enjoying the second half of my 100 years:) 
Not much to add here.  Have not done much knitting since my last post, so  I will get going. Have an early date tomorrow for a walk in the park at 8 a.m. with a good friend and her lovable lab:) So I will end here.  God be with you 'til we meet again:).
+

Comments

Popular Posts