Lotsa Tops

Found: a lovely quotation at the bottom of an e-mail from fellow Yahoo! group member Marion Sandner of Germany:

Wir Menschen sind Engel mit nur einem Flügel-
wir müssen uns umarmen um fliegen zu können!

Translation: We people are angels with only one wing - we have to put our arms around each other to be able to fly!

Isn't that sweet?

Not much going on today, dear readers.  I thought I'd have a bunch of visits, but just one this evening and another one or two tomorrow after court.  Today I'm going to use that Joann's gift card my son and his GF gave me for mudder's day and otherwise catch up on paperwork. Yesterday I used the other gift cards to buy a whole bunch of tops.  Yes, tops.  Nice ones, too! (Thanks, kids!)  Apparently Kohl's and the other department stores in my area don't believe women of a certain age or size wear skirts anymore.   Truly, even the skinny minnie departments had nothing anyone (who wants to be taken seriously) would want to wear to work.

You may laugh, but I was so disturbed by this that I actually spoke with the store manager, who was polite enough so that I couldn't really complain about his manner, but he couldn't have really cared less.  So.... I think something needs to be done.  I am proposing the following:

It may mean paying a little more for a little less, but it could well be worth it.  But really, folks, how much does it cost for a manufacturer to make a simple skirt?  Good Lord, the T-shirts were $16.00, (although they were on sale for 1/2 price), and the "nicer" shirts were upwards of $30-$65.00,  so this was no discount garbage store.  I don't get why they won't stock skirts.  Is there some industry trend? A problem with suppliers? 

C'mon Kohls! I want you guys to do well!  The economy is terrible enough! Your workers need their jobs and I need a place to buy skirts- see how if we just walked arm in arm through this, we could both fly?

If anyone out there has any ideas, please share your wisdom with the rest of us.  In the meantime, I'm not going to work in a t-shirt and panties.  I want to win cases, people, not frighten the courthouse staff!

Anyway, getting back to that Joann's gift card, I'm going to use it on fabric - I already have patterns.  And in my size, thank you very much! (Thanks C & D!)

And while I'm being such a cranky old lady here: Why is it that even the tops they sell these days show more cleavage than I showed at my Junior Prom when I had something worth seeing?  Just one word for that now: EW! I have had to do more sewing on some of these things than I care to admit.

Last night was bell choir. We had some sad news from one of our members which I won't repeat here.  And we got some good news upon my arrival home last night! A friend with cancer had some hopeful news and our great nephew, Shane Patrick Gavigan, 7 lbs, 2? oz arrived yesterday and the family is doing very well.

Ah life....

God be with you 'til we meet again, LOL:)!
+

Comments

Unknown said…
You should try buying anything that isn't navy, black, grey, brown or beige!

Popular Posts