The sky's the limit!

At least that's what I'm telling myself.  It's Friday and I have just finished with one of my worst ego-slamming weeks in my life.  At work, I've had two three parties to a guardianship to adoption with a dispute that seemed unsolvable, then today arrived at what I thought was the correct time to court only to have the master lambast me and about three social workers for not being ready 1/2 hour before the time we've always had to be there in the past.  Lesson learned, but when stuff like that happens, I always feel like garbage, serious garbage.  Luckily the adoption case
 worked out well:) And really, that's what's important.  My personal life: well that requires some work and organization on my part.  I did give the shawl to the recipient for a birthday gift a couple of days in advance, first, because she didn't want gifts at her party and I didn't want to be the sh*thead who brought the only gift to a party (that's just rotten), and I knew she was going out with her husband tonight, so last night was the only time before the big day that I could give it to her.  I think I did a rather good job on the shawl, and, sadly, perhaps selfishly, I do get a charge when someone enjoys what I knit for them, but that satisfaction was not to be.  Oh well, it's her gift, not mine, LOL:)
But that does mean, I now have another UFO which is now an FO:) Kewl.  But, after frogging a few projects with which I knew I had fallen out of love, I still have 24 more UFOs in waiting. 

So really, do I have the right to lust after a new project?  A lace project maybe?  These are calling me: Aren't they lovely? (sigh.
..)
But NO! I will wait.  I will finish those UFOs, to wit (In alpha order):

(*Cardigan for} Arwen or hooded jacket from More Big Girl Knits
Crocheted zigzag baby blankie
The Crochet Dude's Flying Afghan (baby size)
Baby Surprise Jacket
Coming Home Shawl (baby size)
Short sleeved ribbed turtle neck for D
*Erin cardigan
Mandala from Goddess Knits
*Green (not fair isle) vest
Halloween Mystery Shawl (from Goddess Knits)
*JaspeRed Blue Instead (cardigan)
Lace Sampler Scarf in Neutrals
Lily of the Valley Shawl in Teal
Little kids cable Pulli
Log Cabin Baby Blankie
Mystery Stole 4
Nina for ?
*Dalegarn Pattern No. 17002
*The Daily Sweater
Pale green basketweave scarf
Reversible red cabled scarf
Secret of the Stole III - 
*Spring Forward Cardigan (Janet Szabo); and 
The DaVinci Shawl
* = for me (provided I don't gain or lose too much weight, hold on, I don't think I could lose TOO much weight, LOL)

This is the order I think I'm going to do these:
Coming Home Shawl (baby size)
*The Daily Sweater
The Crochet Dude's Flying Afghan (baby size)
Crocheted zigzag baby blankie
Nina for?
Baby Surprise Jacket
Log Cabin Baby Blankie
Little Kid's Pulli
Lace Sampler Scarf in Neutrals
Pale green basketweave scarf
Reversible Red Cabled scarf
Arwen Cardigan (or aforementions More Big Girl Knits piece)
Spring Forward Cardigan
No. 17002
Erin
Green not fair isle vest
D's short sleeved turtle neck
JaspeRed Blue Instead cardigan
Lily of the Valley Shawl - teal
Mandala - from Goddess Knits
Halloween Mystery Shawl - Goddess Knits
Secret of the Stole III (Estes Park??)
Mystery Stole 4 
DaVinci Stole

Wow -  I'm tired already.  As you can see from this:
That baby blanket is not getting knitted by itself, so I'd better get cracking.  The little person is due in October:) and I'd like to have some things on the ready.
Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I'm going to try to get to the morning sip 'n knit (or do some housework - hey there's an idea!).  Then, in the afternoon, I have a rehearsal for the Passion reading.  After that, I'm going to Connie's big birthday bash for an hour or so then on to Nancy's at Diane's (hoping to catch the movie with everyone - they're watching Amadeus!) for another hour or so.  
Sunday is a long morning ringing, reading and singing.  I'm already tired, LOL! Well knit on as they say! Maybe I'll bring some knitting along for the 'down' times HAH!
Oh well, have a great weekend, dear readers and I will be back soon, until then, God be with you 'til we meet again!
+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
I'm sorry you had a bad day. It sounds like your ego should have been triumphant. The case was resolved, you got your shawl done, you are contemplating UFO reduction - contemplation is the first step. I would be proud of myself if I had done all that. I am looking forward to Palm Sunday with very mixed emotions. I have to go to three services -- and two of them are long, very long. Sigh!
Iris said…
I'm so anti-government, rule aversive, that I'd be in trouble every day if I were in your shoes. I'm so impressed at what you do and how well you do it. I only have about four or five UFO's and they prey on my mind a lot. You seem to be a very productive knitter, regardless of the UFO's. I just don't seem to get much done at all. You're my hero.
Granny's Girls said…
Do I understand you right? Didn't the recipient of the shawl fall down with gratitude and appreciation for the time and skill you dedicated on her behalf??
Or did I read that incorrectly? I am very, read VERY selective who I knit for anymore. You are the busiest person on my reading list and I couldn't due your job and stay sane. I would get too emotionally envolved. I think anyone who knows you would understand that.*shaking my head*
Only another knitter can appreciate the process.
I have pared my UFO's down to about 6. My rule is finish 2 before I can start one..lol
~Susan
Joanna - so true - I should be in bed right now - we have two services, a rehearsal in between, another rehearsal (with prof. brass players) after and then a walk in the park if I am alive, LOL:)!
Iris - I AM in trouble every day - that's why my ego is a quivering mass of jelly, LOL:) I agree with you about the UFOs - I have already frogged a few projects. Colin once said that one can forget where one was in a project if you're away from it for too long and boy is he right! I'm not that productive, those UFOs are preying on my mind...(what's left of it!)
Granny's Girls - didn't mean to give the wrong impression, I just didn't get a chance to see her open it and get her reaction. She actually loves it and wore it to her birthday party tonight with a big smile on her face.
And what makes you think I'm sane, eh????
PS I like the finish two before starting another rule. It kind of clears out the underbrush.
Take care and thanks for posting,
Joan
Susan said…
Hey Joan,

Loved the "eh" and used in correct context..very impressed..lol

Relieved to hear the shawl was appreciated.

We are all either sane or damn good actors..rofl

Love chatting with you,
Susan

Popular Posts