A Relatively Quiet day:)

But apparently quite the exciting day for the grandangels, M and R and their parents D and D (the double Ds - that doesn't sound quite right, does it???) They got an invitation to the Easter Egg Roll at the White House:)!!! Wayyyyy cool! Autism awareness groups got a bunch of tickets and people could ask for them online - D and D got tickets for their girls. This is the view from D's cellphone this afternoon. What a crowd. I can imagine it was one of the most exhausting days the whole family has had in a while.
Speaking of exhausted, after two services, lunch with a few friends from choir (all of which was quite nice), I was pretty tired - especially so given the fact that after the vigil service, I couldn't unwind until it was well nigh 1:30 a.m. and then back up again at 7. But even afterwards, it was not to be nap time, LOL:) I made dinner for the crowd, and luckily, John had so much done by the time I got home that I had precious little to complain about!
All the kids and grandkids were there, except B's SO - even LB was there!
By the time all was said and done, I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow! Luckily, there wasn't anywhere to be this morning - I did have some visits and work with one client to do this afternoon and some phone calls to return and notes to take (basically paperwork), but it was a quiet day. I was hoping that tomorrow I'd have some time to go walking, but it looks like Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be rainy. Thankfully today was cloudy, but no serious rain, so the girls could have their day with President Obama and his girls:)
I have not done any knitting today, but I did receive in the mail the book Spinning in the Old Way to help me with my spin-curious thinking:), so I may take a peek at it before I go to bed. Baby steps people:)
Well, tomorrow I have some visits and paperwork to file at court, again not too busy. But that's Oh Kay... No bell practice, no choir practice this week, so I think I'll try to tackle some flute practice and see how that goes - John will be out for a few hours early tomorrow and the girls will be at school and work, so the only affronted ears will be the nearby wildlife, poor things!
Well, it's time to go, dear 3.5 readers. I hope that wherever you are, you are well, you are safe and you are loved. Back soon. Until then, God be with you 'til we meet again (the Vaughn Williams version, LOL!!!).
+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
Wow! You and your family had quite a weekend. We need more pictures. Did they meet THEM?
I could never have prepared a meal after all that singing. The choir got a very nice breakfast between the two morning services, and then a fellow choirister (who passed out during the big number at the second Mass) and I had a bowl of Raisin Bran for lunch between the end of the noon Mass and three when we had to be back for vespers. I bagged the idea of dinner. Bed was the only beckoning thing.

Popular Posts