If you haven't seen this yet today, you must live in a cave.

Come out into the sunshine and enjoy this breath of fresh air:)

OK, so if you're a classical music lover and you are a bit esoteric in your tastes, you might not be thrilled, but I am a diehard nerd and I loved it.  Susan, YOU GO GIRL!!!! We on the other side of the pond who look at the surface before we see them gem beneath it, SALUTE YOU:)!!!

When I saw this at work at around noon today between the dockets, my officemates and I were tearing up watching it (I TOLD you I'm a nerd!) and the number of "hits" on YouTube was over 12 million.  Now at 6 PM Daylight Savings time (Eastern USA), the hits have topped 13 million.  

I cannot tell you how happy this makes me:)

At least for today.  Tomorrow we'll probably hear a news report that she's really a drug addict, alcoholic mom of 12 who beats her children (OK, that's a bit much, just kidding.... really). But for today, sigh....

I have gone backwards in my knitting.  And those of you who knit know what that means - frogged another project.  I loved the yarn, but it was way too thick for a shawl, so it's going back into yarn storage until I can figure out what to do with it:) so, I'm plugging away at the sweater. on . and. on. and. on....

And, as Stewart Smalley would say, "That's Oh.... Kay...."

In the meantime, a few things have happened.

BEST LAID PLANS.....
When last I left you, dear 3.5 readers, I was going to have a quiet afternoon, preferably with a flute or a pair of knitting needles, but it was not to be.  I had a shelter hearing (those are emergencies, so we usually don't get a lot of notice, which is why we're on call for different days -and my day is usually Tuesday).  It was relatively uneventful as emergency hearings go.  Then I went to the office.  During my travel between court and office, I got a message from Nancy, wondering if I'd like to go with her and Jan, another talented organist and one of Nancy's best friends, to a music store in PA to look through choral music.  Since I had literally nothing going on that Wednesday, I decided to take the day off from work and go with them.
I had a great time - and it was fun seeing how these professional musicians pick out music for their respective (not-so-professional) choirs.  I also got a book of flute exercises (see, I'm not forgetting I have to practice, not that I have yet!) and at one point during the day, we went to lunch at a place that has a buffet with all sorts of good and good-for-you foods for a really good price.  The conversation was fun and the company was delightful - a day well spent!
When I got home, after a bit of sprucing up, I got dressed to go to an awards ceremony - excellent group home in which one of my longest-term clients has lived for the past four years had nominated her for a Youth Achievement Award.  So I mosied on over to the BWI Marriott and made it in time to give her a big hug and see her accept her award.  She looked beautiful! It was a tear jerker moment, but I managed to behave myself, LOL:) I thought this night had made my year, but that was not to be the only good news for the evening.  As I continued to read the the programme, I noticed that there was a name that looked familiar (they were only using first names - the identity of kids in care is kept confidential!).  Sure enough, it was another client of mine! Oh happy day:):):)!!!!
It was a night of hugs and joy and a reminder from another former foster kid who is now a successful adult, that they should reach out to their fellow kids in care and give help and encouragement.  Wonderful!  Needless to say, I slept like a log last night!:)
Today was a court day - no major hassles, was sure to get there early because a client was going to meet me there early, so I misssed a drug court meeting, but otherwise, the day was fairly uneventful (save for the video above:)).  
Well, I'm going to go keep plugging away at that sweater, even if I won't  wear it until next year.
Until next time, God be with you 'til we meet again.
+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
Thanks for the link to Susan! I had read about her in the paper this a.m., but, without you, probably wouldn't have looked her up. Are you recovering nicely from Easter? I am about back to normal.
I love music stores. There is so much potential bliss there.
Recovering? I think the trip to PA was a good way to ease out of my addiction to all things choral:) Yes, indeed! Not potential - just pure unmitigated bliss:)!!!
Unknown said…
Ms Boyle is single. Lovely voice and sings with such passion.

You know, it can be easy to think 'oh what can one do' when pone is aware of all the pain and suffering of the young. But YOU dear friend have changed the lives of more than one of them for the better. The world would certainly have been a worse place were you not in it.
Colin - your comment came at just the right time! thank you!

Popular Posts