Darkness

Today I got the worst news from one of the best human beings I know. 

Two of the kindest, gentlest, best parents I know in the world lost their son in a random and unpredictable manner and none of us will ever be the same.  I will not write the details here because the details really only matter to them.  I only know that Kevin was adored by his parents, who loved him and raised him well.

There is no comfort in this, except that in his short time, Kevin had the world's best parents and a childhood to be envied.

The rest is a mystery that I expect stumps even God.

And if it stumps God, words certainly fail me.

God be with you 'til we meet again.
+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
I'm so sorry. There is little one can say in such a situation, except that my prayers will be with you and Kevin's family.
Denise said…
I am so sorry to hear this - truly. My thoughts and prayers to you and your friends.
Thanks so much to both of you!

Popular Posts