Sorry no pics today

It is cold - nothing below freezing or anything, but that pre-snow humidity that chills you to the bone! It's cloudy and dreary outside, and I am happy to be inside and fairly warm, but we will be leaving in about an hour to go to D and D's house to have Sunday dinner with them, the grandgirls, our son, D, and hopefully the rest of the gang - K & S, B & J, S, and J and maybe even "LB." Sorry for the initials but my adult kids want their privacy and I plan on respecting it. 

Not much new to report.  Last night John and I saw son D at his play in Silver Spring at the Roundhouse Theatre - a new play written by Jackie Lawton titled, Anna K - based upon Anna Karenina.  The plot takes place during postwar France when US bigotry and Jim Crow laws caused an emigration of talented African Americans to Paris.  Interestingly, the playwright kept the names from the Tolstoy novel the same.  D did very well as did his compatriots.

Afterwards we went out to dinner with D and his GF, C, who had herself finished her own play in DC (we couldn't get tickets).  It was fun catching up with them and the conversation was great. We left Silver Spring at about 12:30 and there was sleet on the ground - little tiny ice pellets - which inspires oh-so-much-walking confidence in this old lady. As a result I am still plagued with a very stiff knee which I refuse to acknowledge until I have to get up and move, LOL.

Anyway, we got home late and I had to get up for the early service this morning and of course was about 25 minutes late for the pre-service rehearsal and did not do as well as I would have liked.  I snuck in a read of my e-mail during the readings and saw the kind comment from Colin and was about moved to tears.  It was at that service that "the other Joan" and I were commissioned as Stephen Ministers.  It was great to see everyone up there with us and I did savor the moment even though I had to run/hobble (bad knee, remember?) up to the choir loft to sing the Offertory anthem (and did so, albeit out of breath, LOL!)  
The second service there were eight of us staying over to sing an arrangement done by one of our basses, Bill M, of Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring by JSB* himself.  Bill played the guitar beautifully - it was almost a shame to sing, but sing we did and in four-part harmony.  I think it was nice and hope the churchgoers enjoyed it.  Afterwards about six of us went out to lunch at an Indian restaurant.  The conversation was fine, but I am not a big fan of Indian food - sorry!  So I came home and made myself some coffee and had a little peanut butter to ease back into American cuisine.  I am so bad!  I must be getting old and stuck in my ways.

In about an hour, we'll be heading for Carroll County.  Hopefully the snow won't hit until we get back.  One always wants to encourage adult children to provide Sunday dinner:) That's a plan I can get behind!

Well, not much else to report today - I have not picked up a knitting needle since yesterday afternoon - hoping to remedy that problem this evening! 

Oh, and appropros to nothing, here's a link to that Md State Bar Ass'n article about the Orchestra of St. Johns:  I've been meaning to post it here, but haven't thought of it.   If you live in Howard County, Merlin and any of the surrounding areas, please let me know if you'd like a ticket to the next concert - they're $15.00, free parking (such a deal!) and the Orchestra is wonderful!  I am planning on being there! If you'd like tickets, post a comment and I will find a way to get them to you before March 15th!

Well, again, until next time, God be with you 'til we meet again!
+
*Johann Sebastian Bach - who else?

Comments

Unknown said…
Well, I would tell your children that they would be looked upon very favourably by the world if the world knew they were their mother's children.
Very disappointed by the lack of pictures. Was hoping for a nude of Daniel Craig. Spoil sport.
joannamauselina said…
I second what Colin says, except for Daniel Craig. I think he is kind of creepy, although not many agree with me.
Unknown said…
Oh, Oh, I knew JSB without peeking!!!
Yay Gail!!!! :)I love it when people know their music!!!
PS Daniel Craig - he's ok, but Colin, I understand - I'll try to find you something! You've just been spending too much time with your doggies, LOL:)
Ewwww... that didn't sound QUITE the way I intended....
Joanna - how about Pierce Brosnan?

Popular Posts