Quick one before bell choir




Not much has been going on since last I wrote - I've had visits with clients, refereed a bit of a stink, did some pro-bono training of foster parents about the court system and have gotten a chunk of knitting done.   Wouldn't it be so cool to be done by the weekend? (sigh)
Although it's still a wee bit chilly in good ole Merlin, the sun is out and spring is around the corner, which is nice.  And what the daytime picture of the shawl-in-progress shows is one small piece of the Messiest Desk in Christendom.  Well, I've even cleaned up my act there, too - so much for my claim to fame:)
Now if I could only find space for those books, I'd really have it made...
Well since Saturday - that Saturday that still exists vaguely in my sleepy-headed mind - I've done pretty much my same-old same-old, except that this past Sunday, John actually made it to church and then we went out to lunch afterwards and had a bit of a nice conversation.  The four youngest of the clan and "L.B." came for dinner and a good time was had by all.
Yesterday, on my way back from a visit with a client, eldest daughter, K, called to tell me she had heard the baby's heartbeat! How exciting:)!! I can remember that first time and it is quite wonderful, isn't it? Needless to say they were still floating on air. I keep thinking how cool it's going to be to have a baby around:) Times like this I'm so glad my kids live nearby.  It must be SOOOO hard to have grandchildren thousands of miles away!  I cannot imagine that.
Well, it's time for me to get to practice -for once maybe I won't be late (that's the danger of living so close by.)
Well, have a good rest of your day and until next time, 
God be with you 'til we meet again!:)
+

Comments

Unknown said…
Yep, hearing that baby's heartbeat for the first time is right on up there on the memory list.

My newest g'son is about 1200 miles away with his 3 siblings. He is almost 6 weeks old now. I do miss being able to play with those kids.

The knitting looks great! Enjoy!
joannamauselina said…
The shawl looks great - bigger and bigger. Mine is too ugly to blog about, but is on ravelry - called the fuzzy pink thing. I am not sure if I like it. Congats about new grandbaby. Very exciting. I would have living far from my family too. They can be annoying sometimes, but mostly they are great.
Thanks, Gail! The difference today is that the son-in-law recorded it on his cellphone and played it back to all of us:) Technology can be a hoot!
Joanna - fuzzy pink thing??? Gotta check out your ravelry projects:)!!
We have now lived hours away from extended family for almost 30 years now. I'm so glad our kids are not having to do that at least for now!

Popular Posts