FRIDAY:)!!!

Well, I'm done with my work for this week and I'm hanging out at home, chillin' away.  I'm planning on a quiet evening at home tonight because it seems like every other night this week has been busy and the weekend shows no sign of letting up:)!
After court this morning, I got home, and settled in with Part II of EZ's Knitting Workshop DVD, while working on what you see to the right. Yes, as the picture and part of the mosaic you see here show, I've been starting up some baby projects, with an idea to actually finishing them this year before the baby gets here.  I really like this yarn - it's Cotton Candy, DK-weight cotton yarn produced by Magic Garden.  It's cotton, and knits up like cotton.  I love the color - a kind of bluish-grey - the photo is fairly accurate. I'm knitting the Lacy Shawl from Debbie Bliss' Essential Baby.  It looks somewhat daunting, but I've cut the size a bit to make it more realistic for this ADHD  knitter!  Plus, I'm going to do the picot edging in a pale pink and maybe a bit of yellow to offset the bluish grey.  We don't know what gender the baby's going to be, so I'm "edging my bets." (OK, sorry...) I'm also working on a baby afghan with Vanna's Baby yarn in various colors - using Drew Emborsky's (The Crochet Dude's) Flying Afghan pattern from a crochet calendar thingie I got at a yarn swap at the Sip 'N Knit about a year ago.
Wow - it's been over a week since my last posting! Usually when that happens, it's either because life has gotten so busy or because there's not much new to report - I'd say this time it was a little bit of both.  I've been getting home most evenings by around 9:30 and quite frankly, I'm just too tired - or too old and out of shape - to get my brain engaged enough to write anything remotely intelligible, let alone intelligent.
One interesting bit of news, it appears that in the realm of our state bar association, I am "famous" - well, not really, just that the article about the Orchestra of St. John's has hit page two of our bar association newsletter.  For the time being at least, you should be able to find it here. I had some advance copies which I gave to Nancy to distribute as she saw fit (after keeping one
 extra in addition to my regular copy).  A bunch of friends from choir saw the article and teased me mercilessly about it being "all about me." Yikes.  I swear, I didn't write it, nor was it my intention to hijack the interview, LOL! I got my copy of the Bulletin a couple of days ago.  I don't mind getting ribbed by my colleagues as long as we fill those seats at the concert for the orchestra March 15th!
The choir is practicing the Bach Easter Cantata for our May 17th concert with a part of the Orchestra. Last night we finally started on the German and I am also happy to say I'm singing alto for this one - no stretching to hit that D below middle C for me this time!  I've created a pronunciation guide for if we do this in German - and I hope we do, but it's up to the Boss, not me.  I think I'm also going to do a line-by-line pronunciation of the entire thing for the choir members who are not fans of the language.  Should be fun - I'm weird that way.
Tomorrow morning is the closing retreat for our Stephen Ministry training and I am looking forward to it - need to remember to get up early and bring something brunch-like for the group to eat or drink that won't pack on the carbs.  It's not the last training we have, but it's a milestone; soon we'll be officially starting with our care-receivers and I am at once looking forward to it and nervous.  Thank goodness for supervision sessions!
Sunday is a later service for choir - thankfully I get to sleep in a little - and that afternoon will be a concert by Nancy S. and Jan S. (the S's are different, LOL!).  Jan will be on the organ and Nancy on the piano.  I am looking forward to hearing Nancy on the piano really for the first time in concert.  Afterwards, our family was going to be having dinner at our daughter D and her husband (also) D, but that's been pushed back to next Sunday, so I will probably go out with the group from church to Nancy and Rennie's house for dinner. 
Right now I am happy for a peaceful and quiet time at home.  The two "kids" who still live at home are here (for the moment, anyway:)) and John is puttering around.  What is it about human beings that the presence of someone, even in the next room, is comforting?  I've often thought about that when we're all together either during a Sunday or holiday.  Or when I'm sitting outside with a friend, not talking, but enjoying a companionable silence.  Times like that make me realize that we are more than merely our physical presence - that there is something else that goes beyond the borders of our flesh and blood.
Well, dear readers, however many you are, until next time and God be with you 'til we meet again.
+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
Sounds like you are on top of things. I am jealous of the Easter Cantata. I love it, especially one bit which I don't remember the name of. Something catchy like, "O death!"
joannamauselina said…
PS. Your knitting picture collage is very nice.
Unknown said…
I am having a do bugger all day too today. Your knitting pictures are great but do you really have so many different projects on the go? I limit myself now to one machine knit, one hand knit sweater and one pair of socks(oh, okay, maybe two). I found that I didn't get much completed when I had too many going and I would forget where I was on a project. I have at least 3 in bags that I'll have to frog cos I have forgotten what I was doing.
Joanna - are you talking about the duet "Den Tod den niemand siegen kunnt" or Ein Spott???
Love that part! Don't be jealous! I doubt we sound all that great right now - I'm just glad to be singing alto again. Thanks for the collage compliment - you can do it if you use flickr - it's from bighugelabs.com and they do mosaics.
Colin - you hit the nail on the head. I'm in project OVERLOAD and that's exactly what is happening. I am now officially on a project diet (note I didn't say yarn diet!)

Popular Posts