Stash Diving - Why Does That Sound So Dirty?


Must be my evil mind - although I don't know what I'm being evil about, LOL!  I took the opportunity this morning to frog a project I just knew I wasn't going to finish - and another pair  of socks may actually happen someday - now that I'm no longer an anti-socker, thanks to the Yarn Harlot:).  I did find a lovely pattern booklet by the lovely Jillian Moreno - Of Big Girl Knits and More Big Girl Knits fame.  It's called Curvy Knits: Designs for Shapely Figures.  I got Volume 2 - so if anyone has Volume 1, let me know what you think of it.  There's a fair isle vest pattern on the cover that I decided to make, but without the fair isle (I know, kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?) But the yarn is a lovely green/blue mix and I think it will stand up well on its own. I'm also knitting it in a pair of
 "square circulars" and it's moving along.  The vest
 shouldn't take too long to make and it'll be fun with a skirt or jeans equally.  I also dove into my stash and used some to try the Channel Island cast on, as demonstrated by "oftroy" (wonder if her first name could be Helen?) on YouTube.  If you don't know how to do this cast-on and the instructions elsewhere have left you confused (as they did me), this video shows how to do it in a way that makes sense. oftroy's blog, Golden Apples, is chock full of knitting goodies.  I
have enjoyed all of her videos and her blog and hope that she will make some instructional videos - in the meantime, I'm happy to reap the benefits of free YouTube instructions!
  After doing the Channel Island Cast-on, I decided to create some funky fringe for what I think will be a fun little scarf - maybe for one of the grand angels, out of some yarn I got at Joann about a year and a half ago. 
Life has been moving along.  I have done about 40 plus visits of clients in the past few days to get caught up on work and now I have a lot of paperwork to do - but that's a good thing:).  Saturday was in much the same way, except this time out in western Merlin.  This morning I had the first service at choir and then the second.  I do not have a particularly strong or wonderful voice and it became apparent by the second service. (Sigh) So I left as soon as we were done with the last anthem and headed out to coffee with some of my long-lost knitting buddies from the Columbia Sip 'n Knit.  Only problem was, I didn't bring my KNITTING!!! DOH! But it was great to see Lynn and Brace and Ruth - someone I actually know from my work.  
By the time I got home, I couldn't keep my eyes open.  I crashed for three hours, in time to wake up to  John having done all the work for the kids coming over for Superbowl Sunday.  As I sit and type this, I hear my granddaughters playing in the background, the unusual commercials (Superbowl is worth watching just for the commercials, LOL!) and the quiet conversation among my children.  Our son is back from a three-week shoot in OK, so he's home with his sweetie right now - a good thing:)!
Well, I've gotta go.  Have a meeting tomorrow morning, then another meeting in the afternoon.  Then hopefully more visits and Stephen Ministry tomorrow night.
Until then, dear readers, however many you may be, God be with you 'til we meet again!
+

Comments

Unknown said…
The style of the vest looks great and I really like the color. Sometimes busy is good. Other times it is so good just to sit and recover.
Enjoy!
Well, today ended up being recovery - whether I wanted to or not, LOL!
OH yeah, it feels good to recover:)
joannamauselina said…
I googled Channel Island cast on once, and got some really awful sites. I must have spelled something wrong because they were definitely X-rated.

Popular Posts