I know, Randy, but they called you amazing, too! I heard that Penn & Teller!

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): I've got three quotes for you. I hope you'll write them out and keep them in a prominent place for the duration of 2009. They'll set the right tone for everything you do.

The first is from psychologist Abraham Maslow:

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be."

The second quote comes from choreographer Agnes DeMille:


"Dance in the body you have."

The third is from historian Gerald Sorin:

"When Reb Zusye went to heaven, God didn'task him why, in his life on earth, Zusye wasn't Moses, but why he wasn't even Zusye."


Rob Brezsny's astrology newsletter

Comments

joannamauselina said…
Very nice quotes~ sometimes it is indeed difficult to be who you are. And even more difficult to be satisfied with who you are. As one gets older, it get easier, I think. At least for me.
I think there's something to be said for the gradual loss of that outer shell that the aging process brings. Not a lot of happy things to be said, LOL, but meaningful things. M. Scott Peck wrote about it from time to time. It's a way of looking at what is essential. I do know that after I start to really care about a person, I stop seeing the externals. Of course I recognize them and know what they are like physically, but more and more as one gets closer, the essence of who a person is becomes so much more important than the outside package of looks, health, abilities and the other things that our society seems to prize at the expense of the person.
Oh well...
Unknown said…
Agree about the quotes. Form me: I'd hate to die and have the Power ask me why I did what I did and my answer would be because my 'church' told me to. How embarrassing would that be.
I tried to leave a comment on your 31st post about the yoke sweater and stuff but nowhere to do so.
Unknown said…
Wishing you and yours a very happy new year. Your goal list is quite impressive. Some are similar to mine. Nancy's sweater looks better and better - great work!
Hi Colin and Gail - thanks so much for your comments. Sorry about the weird thing re: commenting on the blog. I was trying this program and I think it screwed up the comment thingie. I will try to fix it so comments can be posted. Sorry!!!
Happy New Year to all of you!
Joan

Popular Posts