This is all I've been working on

As far as knitting goes, that is!
It's been a fairly quiet week on the work front, although I have some visits to catch up on. And it's been a short week, what with the Columbus Day holiday on Monday.
I've had the wonderful opportunity to get three walks in since Sunday. After church, Nancy and her Sunday group usually walk around the lake, and so we did - it was like old times except I felt more like an old-timer than usual! Not funny - in fact, my left leg/knee were in so much pain that I had trouble walking when I got home. That evening, John had a ballgame in DC to bartend, and the "kids" were pretty much on their own, so I went to dinner at Diane's house with Nancy and Rennie. She made the most delicious low-carb dinner! lasagna made from eggplant, spaghetti squash. Great food, great company and we must have laughed until 11 at night:) because that's about when I got home.
Monday was the court holiday and our office was closed, so I took the opportunity to sleep in - and once I was up and dressed, Nancy called - she was done with her workday and wondered if I wanted to walk. Luckily my bum leg cleared up the night before, so I was good to go. It has been so warm all week, that it's felt like summer.
Tuesday, I went to court to observe the hearing about friends of mine and took Rennie with me - they are friends of him and Nancy as well. It was so strange in a way, but then I'm the one who wants an "organic" life, LOL! Afterwards, we had lunch with Nancy, they went back to work (Nancy) and home (Rennie) and I went to the office to get some work in/done. Later that evening was bell practice - and a good time was had by all (we started working on some Christmas music - and it was soooo hot up in the choirloft). But don't worry, there's no global warming - it's all a myth.
Wednesday was spent getting ready for court and answering e-mails and phone calls. I also spent the evening looking for something to wear to the two weddings John and I are attending in November - one in Arizona and the other near the New Jersey shore.
May I do a little rant here?
I went to Kohl's, Macy's, Lane Bryant, and two, not one, but two Wal-Marts and not one had more than a couple of ill-fitting ugly as hell skirts and virtually no dresses. I admit, I wear women's sizes. Oh well. They had tops and sweaters and shirts and denim jeans and pants galore but NOT ONE FREAKING SKIRT!!!!! Do the morons who do the purchasing for these places really, I mean REALLY think that women (a) don't have the kinds of jobs that require more formal work attire or (b) that women don't wear skirts or dresses any more? ARE THEY FREAKING CRAZY?????
C'mon, people, I say boycott those stores until they dress more than just the top part of our bodies.
So there!
I did get a few things, and will probably wear skirts I already have, but this was one hell of a disappointing day. I'm going to look online for skirts, but I may actually have to make my own if you can believe it! How damnably WEIRD is that?
Oy!
I watched a bit of the debate, but found myself cursing at the TV and feeling generally foolish, so I stopped. I'll get back to it later (thank goodness for that cable DVR thingie).
Ok, let me pass over last night, because I don't want to talk any more about this I am still so angry. This morning was court and then after having some discussions with some attorneys over other cases, I went home later in the afternoon. And guess what? I got to WALK again! Pretty cool - it was great talking with Nancy and I got some much needed exercise.
Tonight was choir practice and of course it was a lot of fun.
I have not had much opportunity to do knitting this week and as you can see above, the only project I've been working on was the Daily Sweater from the new Mason-Dixon Knitting book. It doesn't look like I've gotten a lot done, but I'm almost at the end of the raglan sleeve increases- 11 more rounds or so to go, then endless stockinette - a good TV sweater, LOL!
Well, I'm exhausted, so I'm going to have to stop here. Because so many of the things that occurred this week were confidential in nature, I really couldn't do more than this somewhat disjointed post. I will do better next time. Please excuse me.
Be well, dear 1.5 readers and may God be with you 'til we meet again!
+

Comments

joannamauselina said…
Whew! And I think I am busy! I wear skirts too, so I know whereof you speak. Try to find a nurse dress. Forget it. The 2.5 that are available are hideous. Even LL Bean only has a few skirt options. Grrrr.
I think the enterprising woman who sells nothing but skirts and dresses will be a gazillionaire!
PS - Joanna - I just realized - it seems like everyone in the nursing profession wears either those scrubs thingies or white pants. That can't be comfortable all the time. Sometimes a skirt is much more comfortable and easier to move around in - at least it would be for me. Nurses do so much moving around, too. I am shocked that they don't make nurse dresses or skirts - it seems like it would be such a simple thing, wouldn't you think?
Hmmm

Popular Posts