Since thursday...

Where to begin? Let's see, choir practice was really really good. There's something about having a smaller group practicing a tough piece together that really gets you focusing. There's so much to learn with Lauridsen's piece.
Friday, I was able to do another walk in the morning with Nancy and did a little work with her (and see below for more) on the bell folders and had lunch then RAN to court for the one hearing I had that p.m. That evening, I got started on this:
It's the Chinese Lace Pullover by Angela Hahn. I'm not showing you a pic of the completed sweater here because it's a surprise for a friend - a friend who probably never sees this thing, but you never know. It's in Cottion Fleece, Victorian Pink - 80 percent cotton/20 percent wool - and it knits up so easily with the stability of wool and the lightness of cotton. Should be something downright wearable. I only hope it fits, LOL! I'm done with the lace edging (am knitting it in the round) and have begun the wide ribbing of the main body pattern. It's actually a very simple pattern - raglan sleeves, very simply neckline - but with enough lace to give it some interest. I love it.
Have also been plugging away at the Goddnessknits Anniversary KAL - and am now on Clue 4 - which is really the second 3/4 of the knitting, so I've got a long way to go.
There's something about summer and lace knitting - it's so hard to get into those heavy cables and fair isles this time of year!
The weekend was nice - got a bit of wash done Saturday (thank goodness, the dryer was fixed thursday:)) and John had off from the hotel, so we went to dinner and a movie. Dinner was at Ruby Tuesdays (near the theater) and the movie was "Mamma Mia!" We both enjoyed it thoroughly and having gotten married at the height of Abba's fame, the songs brought back many memories. Meryl Streep's physical comedy (and sheer endurance!) was a joy to see. She's really more talented than I thought - and I thought she was a very talented actress.
Pierce Brosnan's singing wasn't so bad, either, LOL:)
Sunday, I got to sing with a small group from choir at the 9:00 service. We sang three canons in four parts, It was really lovely, although I am definitely not one of the strong singers. A group wanted to go walking, but I couldn't, as I had promised Diane I'd take her to a Concert Artists party - a couple of the sopranos are getting married and they were having a bridal shower for both of them. Diane is still taking the occasional pain pill and therefore does not feel it's appropriate to drive - good for her! I took her to the party, but didn't stay, since I had dinner to do for the family that evening. She got a ride back and on her way home, dropped off a plate of goodies from the party! Yum! (Note: gotta thank her!)
Yesterday was court all day with office work in between. Today is shaping up to be pretty hectic. Our grandgirls are here - John is pinch hitting for daycare until their daycare starts in August. I have a meeting at 11 at the county office, a shelter hearing at 1, a visit at 4:00 and another at 5:00. Then I can go home, LOL. I was hoping to get a walk in this afternoon with Nancy, but it doesn't look like it's to be.
It's funny about those walks - I love the company, hate the exercise, but when I'm done, I'm always glad I did it. Something like law practice.:)
Well, I'd better change and put my face on, so I don't scare any children or small pets (or Masters).
+
PS I didn't get a chance to write about the fact that Nancy shared her very healthy, very tasty lunch with sweaty stinky me in the cool recesses of her office in the basement of the church before we got to work on the bell choir folders. She is such a sweet friend I sometimes wonder why I am so lucky to have found this oasis of kindness in my life. sigh....

Comments

Popular Posts