Guess who's going to be taking the STAIRS at court?

According to WBAL-TV in Baltimore, one of the eight elevators in the Bawlmer County Courthouse fell an unknown number of floors, causing one fellow to be taken to the hospital and two juveniles to decline treatment (therefore not terribly serious, it seems). There was a picture of the gentleman who was transported to the hospital - you can't recognize him, he's so wrapped up on the stretcher. But I could recognize one of the Sheriff's deputies we see regularly - he's the fellow in the brown uniform walking with the rescue workers from the courthouse.
It's weird - today was not one of our docket days and no one I knew (as far as I can tell) was in the elevator. People had been there for weeks working on upgrading and improving the elevators, too, but I'm not sure which one had the breaking cable - or whatever caused the plunge.
Well, the good news is, most of my cases take place on the ground floor, LOL! No one knows yet how this happened - I do know it's going to be interesting getting up to the fifth floor:)
On the knitting front, I am about 3/4ths of the way done with the Chinese Lace Pullover. The back and front were done together to the underarm. I separated front from back and finished the back last night. So now I have to finish the front - which should not take too long, raglan shaping means steady decrease which means it just goes faster and faster - and two sleeves, which of course will seem to take forever (I am torn between doing each one separately using the "magic loop" method on a circular to avoid seams OR knitting both at the same time flat). Any votes out there?
I also have to get back to work on the Goddessknits Anniversary Shawl-along. I just need to take a deep breath and maybe two four rows a day to get it done by October:)
Right now I am between visits and am getting some paperwork done (well, not right now, LOL). In about an hour, I'm on the road again to get ready for tomorrow and then maybe some more knitting if I get done in time.
I'll do a finished pic of the sweater when it's done - I'm hoping by next week! In the meantime I've put a few more rows on the Cardigan for Arwen.

Oh, and I've joined the "Sock Put" team on the Ravelympics - for my local Sip'n Knit:) why not? I'll take that as my opportunity to do the Saguaro Socks by Joanna

Back to work+

Comments

Unknown said…
My 0.015 is just that I've always done sleeves at the same time whenever possible. That way they end up the same length (no comment) and I don't have the "second sock" syndrome for sleeves.

Your work looks great and you are really zooming along on your knitting.
Gail, I'm leaning your way - one little seam and purling a little more are a small price to pay for getting 'er done as they say - and yes the same length is always a good thing. After all, the sweater's not for me, LOL!
Unknown said…
hank you for bringing back my fear of lifts......luv u too!
Colin - so sorry! I just sent you an e-mail to make up for it - it's positively awful and I'm apologizing in advance if you don't have my, (ahem) juvenile sense of humor!
Joan

Popular Posts