An Explanation

Just want to explain why I have all these slideshows going on the right side of the blog. Blogger has these things where you can do a search and they pick out the public photos in other people's google pics accounts. The places I have pictured are places that are (a) dear to me or (b) dear to others close to me or (c) places about which I am curious or (d) all of the above. None of those photographs are ones I have taken.
Vermont is where I went to college, grew emotionally and spiritually and learned how to learn, picking up lifelong friends on the way.
New York is my state of origin, the place where my husband and I were born, and one of our children, come to think of it. In 32 years of marriage, we have lived there for only a couple of years, but we had our first dates, our first kiss our first, well, never mind, there. And our second child:).
Oyster Bay is my home town on Long Island. It's also where John's family moved the year his father died and therefore where I met him. It's the home of Theodore Roosevelt's "Summer White House" at Sagamore Hill, and the town where he is buried. It's the home of St. Dominic's and Oyster Bay High School, where John and I attended school, respectively. Billy Joel may also still live there in Cove Neck if I'm not mistaken. John McEnroe and Tatum O'Neill got married there. It was the home of the late famous sulkie racer Billy Haughton and his late son, Peter, with whom I went to OBHS and who died in a terrible car accident in 1979 when he was only 24 or 25 years old. And let us not forget Oyster Bay Cove was once the home of that famous WABC DJ Dan Ingram!
Wisconsin is where Nancy is from - a place she talks about a lot of course and so of course I'm curious.
Seattle is up there to remind me to pray for Joanna, a lady whose blog I have been following, and her friend, Tom, who is very ill. By association, I then remember to pray for friends who are ill: Janie, Diane (who is on the mend, thank goodness!), and Bob, and friends with chronic conditions they must battle with daily, like Nancy and Rennie - and for clients who are battling the same condition. And of course, ever since Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots and Nirvana - with and without its lead singer, Mr. Cobain - have come to fame in the 90s, I've been curious about this city that is one of the most friendly for people with both visual and audio disabilities:)
OK, back to our regularly scheduled lives! Still working on the Chinese lace pulli.
And check out Joanna's blog - she has a really cool sock pattern free for the downloading! It's on the side panel - the Saguaro Socks - and it's the cause of starting project no. 51 for me (AARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!)+

Comments

Popular Posts