HAPPY NEW YEAR:)!!

So of course I wait until midnight 1/1/2012 to finally add a post to this thing, LOL!:) I am home alone, like the little kid in the movies, except no aftershave on my cheeks, thank goodness! It has been months since I wrote and I am truly sorry, because it seemed like so much of life happened and I even took pictures, but I didn't write about it.
We celebrated our anniversary in Williamsburg, VA.
I "graduated" from EfM.
We celebrated Thanksgiving.  We celebrated Advent and Christmas.  And boy was Christmas a very musical Christmas for this fuguestate knitter:)!  



I rang and I sang and I played flute and tympani - yes TYMPANI!!  - for the Rutter Gloria, Joy to the World and the Hallelujah Chorus. As we used to say in high school: "What a pisser!" (In New York, that was a good thing, unlike in Boston.)



The weight loss surgery has helped enormously.  I haven't lost weight at warp speed, but lost it I have:
I'm certainly not 32 years old any more, as I was in this picture, but I'm a lot healthier than I was a year ago, and for that I'm very thankful! That and the fact that all of the children in the picture now can change their own pants (and hopefully don't have to!).
Work has continued to be challenging and of course worthwhile!
Our family has grown this year with the addition of a new human being. He is a pistol:)
I continue to be blessed with friends, family, colleagues whom I respect, a career I love and hobbies that keep me interested:)
And I am ever on guard for a random attack:







In the past three months, I have started many a knitting project and even finished a few.










And lest I have too much free time on my hands (NOT), my DD Betsy gifted me with this lovely 'ting" this Christmas:

 Oh yes, she did!   And most of all, this guy still puts up with me.


In other words, can't complain:)!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
And God be with you 'til we meet again:)!
+

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy New Year to you and yours. May 2012 prove to be full of joy and love - (and knitting and weaving) and health.
joannamauselina said…
Gosh, I left a comment and it is not here! It was too boring to write again, so I will just say that I love your blog, and am glad to see it again after a little hiatus. You, your family, and your knitting all look great!

Popular Posts