The Never-Ending Story...

Or so it seems:). Not that I'm complaining.  I am, thankfully, gainfully employed, doing work I love with the best clients in the universe. Which is why I write on this thing sporadically and knit on the above equally sporadically - that is, when I actually have time to sit down and watch the boob tube or listen to a podcast or make my Kindle read me a book in that mechanical voice.  And that, as they say, is "OH KAY..."
The only reason I am writing this late on a Wednesay afternoon is that I took today off.  It's the end of our lease soon and the landlord wants to come by and make sure we aren't growing crops in his carpeting. I don't blame him.  Who knows what we'd do left to our own devices.  Seriously, there wasn't much cleaning to do, but it is rather amazing how many little tasks can add up and since I didn't have anything that couldn't be rescheduled and it wouldn't have been fair to stick John with all the work, here I am.  
So why, you ask, would I post the above picture? I suppose to show myself that although it doesn't feel like it, I am actually making progress on the Ommegang. I am actually feeling rather clever that I knitted the sleeves first because (without giving away any State Secrets), it's knit in the round and the sleeves are joined when you get just past the armholes (no surprise there).  This means the interesting bits start happening in about five inches.  I just. have. to. get. through. the. next. five. inches..... and then it gets interesting.
And if I get a little bored, I have Danny's Aran to distract me, or if that is too much like this one, I did recently start this little beauty:
I know I know, it's just a bunch of unspun Icelandic yarn from Schoolhouse Press.  But it will be my version of this:
And how bad can that be?:) I am hopeless.
Well, gotta go.  They'll be here any minute.  Fingers crossed it'll be ok.
Until next time, God be with you 'til we meet again+

Comments

Popular Posts