Monday Monday Monday


Well today was a fairly productive day! It started out slowly, but picked up pace a bit.  My very kind co-worker covered the one hearing I had this morning (uneventful, so I didn't feel too bad about it) and I went to a meeting in Ellicott City, a family team decisionmaking meeting at DSS, and then two visits in short order thereafter.  Before I went out, I actually was able to return some phone calls and begin scheduling some other visits.  OK, this is not interesting, but it did feel good to accomplish some things earlier in the day!
The first meeting was with a reporter for our state Bar Association's newsletter - an interview about the Orchestra of St. John's .  And thank goodness Concertmaster, Organizer and generall mover and shaker (and I call him the world-famous) Ron Mutchnik was there - he really has a vision for this Orchestra and was far better able to discuss intelligently what they are doing than I ever will be! He speaks music fluently and expresses easily that to which I can barely give voice about the experience of live musical performance.
The second meeting was at DSS with a client who had previously been AWOL.  I was so glad to see that the client was safe and the meeting ended with a good result (I dearly hope!). And the visits went well.
Stephen Ministry training was interesting - it was about helping people who are going through divorce - a tough, but all too ubiquitous subject.  After tonight's class as I drove away, I thought about the lovely people I had met through this process and how it would be wonderful if we could all get together from time to time - we are all from different churches and backgrounds, yet we had very similar values.
Right now Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is on the TV  - yes, all four hours of it - I don't think I'm going to make it all the way through and I don't think I'm getting any knitting done tonight - I was falling asleep in front of the computer before I went to the training tonight, so I think I'm going to actually turn in before midnight!

Comments

joannamauselina said…
Sounds like a rewarding, if tiring day. What is that musical brain-like thing?
Unknown said…
You had a good day! Brilliant.
Bo... said…
I just love that movie! The ending scene is so funny that I've practically given myself an apoplectic fit laughing so hard.

Popular Posts