I am now the speed limit in the USA

Well, who knew?  Tomorrow I turn 55:) It feels like this entire weekend has been a party and I'm not complaining! 
Last night was lovely - we all had an amazing meal and I was the happy recipient of a beautiful card and a bottle of red wine - which I am now enjoying:) Everyone (I think - so they tell me) really enjoyed Simon Birch.  I knew then that I had friends who think, at least partly, as I do.  I just love that movie because for me it's about two things:  primarily it's about faith and secondarily that one simply cannot judge another human being on outward appearances.  If you haven't seen this movie, I guarrantee, you will be uplifted.  It was worth every minute of the 2 hours (give or take) it took to see it.
Today was bell choir day - and we played both services.  I really enjoy the bell choir because even if my voice gives out a bit, I can still do my part for the music.  After the second service I walked with Nancy and it was WONDERFUL! The weather was perfect, the
sun was shining, the wind was just right and the conversation, as always terrific! It was so nice to catch up.  
After walking, I got home to a wonderful dinner of Chinese food from Asean Bistro.  Yum!   Most of the kids came - D couldn't make it - he and his GF C have shows tonight.  Exciting news in our family: K and S are expecting their firstborn sometime in the fall:)!!!! That's why I'm looking at knitting or crocheting a baby blankie:) (I've officially been given permission to say this here.)
On the knitting front, I'm working on finishing the Lace Ribbon Scarf for Donna - you know that feeling when you're very close to the end - I have about 12-20 inches to go and I may just finish this scarf with two skeins of the Knitpicks Imagination! This means a pair of socks in the remaining two balls! So cool:)
Well, tomorrow is court, two visits and dinner with John for my birthday, so I'd better get going or get some sleep.  Or both. Will be back in touch, dear 3.5 readers.  Until then, God be with you 'til we meet again.+

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday! I'm curious to see how your finished scarf looks. After seeing it on here I went and placed an order for some of my own : )
Unknown said…
May you have a wonderful birthday and may more enjoyable days to come.
laura gayle said…
have a fabulous birthday!!!
Unknown said…
Happy double nickel birthday..

(me? i stopped getting older for a while when i turned 47)

Have a great day!
joannamauselina said…
Happy Birthday! The scarf indeed looks great!
Lindsay - sorry I know that knitpicks stuff is addictive!
Helen - that sounds like a really good plan, but then I'm already 55 going on 12 and I can't afford to get any younger!
Joanna - thank you for the beautiful card!
You are all so kind:)
Unknown said…
So you are my OLDER sister? Phew!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Your older TWISTED sister!!!!:)
Anonymous said…
That scarf is beautiful! I've been tempted by that one, but haven't done it yet.

Thank you for being a wise and gentle Christian. There are too many of the vengeful and cruel out there without Christians joining the ranks. You are what Christianity is about.

Popular Posts